By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The poll on the front page is ridiculous

wholikeswood said:
Zen, keep it factual.

90% of this community thought that Killzone 2 would outsell Halo 3? Sure.

Obviousness isn't always factual. I used that as an example or a speculation as to where such polling could lead, and how bad it could make us look if questions such as these keep being asked.

The fact is, nobody in the community believes that KZ2 would have outsold Halo 3, but a good number of people would have voted for it, just because they wanted to hype Killzone 2, and piss off everyone else.

My suggestion is to cease asking questions that allow our larger than life PS3 fan community to present their ike bias.

Lets start asking questions like:

Who is the biggest douche in the gaming industry:

and not

Which console exclusive is the greatest:

There is just no reason to poll such things, and  no way to get a fair result either. It makes our forum community look like a bunch of raving fanboys, and at least we could keep the facade of civilized debate going long enough for new members to get past the front page before they realize the truth...

That said, I've went back and labeled that part of my post as an example.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Get used to it. People who like the worst selling console are going to be the biggest fanboys and the most vocale.

Why? Consumer dissonance mixed with a bit of insecurity.

This isn't anything new.

Kasz216 said:
Get used to it. People who like the worst selling console are going to be the biggest fanboys and the most vocale.

This isn't anything new.

Hmmmm.....this makes me wonder how ravage the gamecube fans last gen.

@Zen

This is all so stupid to argue over and even worse to sit here pointing fingers because for everyone PS3 fan here "presenting their ike bias" there is a Wii and/or 360 fanboy presenting theirs.

I always believed that if you are going to whine about one you might as well whine about them all.

I agree with the "Biggest Douche in the industry" poll though. Although I can guarantee you that if Cliffy B was a choice and he ended up leading the poll we could get people bitching about PS3 fanboys voting for him.

It is just the way it goes on gaming sites.

By the way, is it sad that I tend to enjoy gaming more when I do not associate with the gaming community?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Whatever the question is, Sony fanboys will always find something to justify their ridiculous positions.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Kasz216 said:

This isn't anything new.

Hmmmm.....this makes me wonder how ravage the gamecube fans last gen.

Not, the GameCube, the DreamCast.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I have never (besides this thread) heard of big meaning quality. You don't hear people saying "SMG was one of the biggest games ever" or "Killzone 2 was bigger than Killzone 1".

Plus, since were talking about the holidays, which happens to be the best sales period of the year, I'm pretty positive were talking about sales.

Euphoria14 said:

@Zen

This is all so stupid to argue over and even worse to sit here pointing fingers because for everyone PS3 fan here "presenting their ike bias" there is a Wii and/or 360 fanboy presenting theirs.

I always believed that if you are going to whine about one you might as well whine about them all.

I agree with the "Biggest Douche in the industry" poll though. Although I can guarantee you that if Cliffy B was a choice and he ended up leading the poll we could get people bitching about PS3 fanboys voting for him.

By the way, is it sad that I tend to enjoy gaming more when I do not associate with the gaming community?

Yes, but there are about double the PS3 fanboys as the rest combined, and when you're not in good with them, it makes things around here much less fun, because the come up with they most rediculious and indefensible lies to promote their console, but when you call them out, there are always 10 more to "back them up."

It's much worse on a poll, because afterall, those are already popularity contests, and when your community is whopsided, it ruins any meaning the poll had to begin with.

In other words: Ask more interesting poll questions, that fanboys can't quickly decide the benefit to their console from.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Euphoria14 said:

@Zen

Yes, but there are about double the PS3 fanboys as the rest combined, and when you're not in good with them, it makes things around here much less fun, because the come up with they most rediculious and indefensible lies to promote their console, but when you call them out, there are always 10 more to "back them up."

It's much worse on a poll, because afterall, those are already popularity contests, and when your community is whopsided, it ruins any meaning the poll had to begin with.

In other words: Ask more interesting poll questions, that fanboys can't quickly decide the benefit to their console from.

Seeing as I am partial Italian I take offense to that.

I am sure you meant Lopsided?

I chuckled while reading that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

If the poll is strictly about sales and not about quality/anticipation, why would VGChartz even add Uncharted 2 in the first place against the likes of MW 2 and Mario?