By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The poll on the front page is ridiculous

I don't understand these threads at all.

So basically people aren't allowed to look forward to Uncharted 2 more than other games?

Around the Network

Sharky974 you are a big 360 fan am I right. I can tell when you blame PS3 fans for rating down 360 vids on gametrailers. Really why would PS3 fans go on gametrailers and rate all 360 vids low. If it was true then why don't 360 fans do the same by rating PS3 vids low too. I seen a lot of 360 vids on gametrailers with great ratings and PS3 vids with low ratings. Have you ever thought that maybe 360 fans are the ones giving 360 vids low ratings. You must think every 360 game is good and deserves high ratings. You must also think every 360 fan likes every 360 game. Don't blame PS3 fans for everything.

Conner52 said:
I have never (besides this thread) heard of big meaning quality. You don't hear people saying "SMG was one of the biggest games ever" or "Killzone 2 was bigger than Killzone 1".

Plus, since were talking about the holidays, which happens to be the best sales period of the year, I'm pretty positive were talking about sales.

Except that Killzone 2 WAS "bigger" than Killzone 1, using the argument of bigger = more sales. We don't know Killzone 1's sales, but they are somewhere in the region of 1.7-2 million, and KZ2 will be there soon.

Think about it, do you hear people saying that Wii Sports is bigger than Okami, or Halo 3 is bigger than Resistance 2? You don't.

In fact, you usually hear "bigger" in the context "NSMB Wii is WAY bigger than Carnival Games 2 (if it existed and was launching this year!", and this has nothing to do with sales, but with anticipation, and impact, and prediction of final quality.

Certainly, bigger CAN mean sales, which is what I took it to mean, judging by the options in the poll, but Uncharted 2 is a perfectly reasonable answer. Really, everything except Assassin's Creed II is a reasonable answer, with one meaning or another

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Fanboy wise: Uncharted 2

In General: Modern WArfare 2...

so more or less that poll is correct. Yes there are opinions ( mostly from fanboys) and yes Uncharted 2 is gonna be great...but the casuals will see want and play Modern Warfare. And since the casuals out weigh the hardcore and Modern Warfare 2 is most likelyy gonna be good...Modern Warfare 2 wins.

@bigdom -

I have to disagree with you that MW2 appeals to casual players. COD players are some the most hardcore players on any system right now. You have to be hardcore to play the same game daily for hundreds (if not thousands) of hours. A lot of these crazy guys memorize every map, drop points, every little nuance of advantage they can find. I like COD, but there are a ton of people who are fanatical about that game.

In regards to the poll: Seems to me the question is what will be the most popular this holiday. Who will create the biggest buzz this holiday season. Now, being most popular on the internet is different than selling the most copies in the real world. There have been plenty "biggest of E3" games that didn't exactly sell a massive amount of copies.

As far as sales go, I don't think anything will touch MW2 this holiday season. I'm willing to bet the PS3 version of MW2 will outsell Uncharted 2. NSMB is also the other top title this season, it will sell very well, but it will also have to compete with Wii Sports Resort.

WSR is a bit of an unknown quantity for me right now. On one hand I know that this game will sell like crazy, but will it scare off a lot of casuals when they find out they will need to buy a bunch of WM+ add-ons for every controller?

Around the Network

Well if MW2 does have the most sales it will be played a lot online. I agree with you on Uncharted 2.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Euphoria14 said:
Craan said:
I mean to say which game will be the best. but I concede defeat.

So go ahead and let us know which will be the best.

Only problem is that it will be your opinion and in no way reflects what everyone else thinks. That is why 29% think Uncharted 2 is the biggest on that list because that 29% is more interested in that game than any other game on the list.

You may be part of that 30%+ that think MW2 is the biggest. You may be part of the % that thinks ODST is the biggest.

If so neither of those groups are wrong and that is why threads like this are so pointless. They are very self centered threads.

Also note how the TC quickly ran off after creating this thread. Knowing full well what it would become.

Except the question is not "What will be YOUR big game this holiday"  the question is "What will be THE big game of the holidays".

If you are the least bit objective then whether the question is about sales or general interest/hype the answer is clearly not Uncharted 2, although that is one of MY most anticipated games.  ODST and MW2 are going to get far more attention and far more sales.

The OP is correct, this site clearly has more Sony fans and the polls almost always tend to skew towards Sony.  Another example was Natal being the biggest disappointment of E3.  I mean, come on, seriously?  It's probably been the most media hyped thing to come out of E3.  You may not think it's going to be the next big thing but how can any honestly call it the BIGGEST disappointment of E3?  At the very least it has the potential to be an interesting product. 

Having said that, the Sony wand was also not worth all those votes.  Face it, the polls tend to devolve into a popularity contest where people just pick the one that benefits their platform of choice without seriously considering the question in an unbiased way.

More questionable BIG meaning just for fun!

Fuel is the BIGGEST game, because broke the record of square kilometers map size.
Or msg4 because it requires a lot o disc space and is almost 50gb BIG, with audio and such.
The bigs 2. Because has BIG on the name.

daroamer said:
Euphoria14 said:
Craan said:
I mean to say which game will be the best. but I concede defeat.

So go ahead and let us know which will be the best.

Only problem is that it will be your opinion and in no way reflects what everyone else thinks. That is why 29% think Uncharted 2 is the biggest on that list because that 29% is more interested in that game than any other game on the list.

You may be part of that 30%+ that think MW2 is the biggest. You may be part of the % that thinks ODST is the biggest.

If so neither of those groups are wrong and that is why threads like this are so pointless. They are very self centered threads.

Also note how the TC quickly ran off after creating this thread. Knowing full well what it would become.

Except the question is not "What will be YOUR big game this holiday"  the question is "What will be THE big game of the holidays".

If you are the least bit objective then whether the question is about sales or general interest/hype the answer is clearly not Uncharted 2, although that is one of MY most anticipated games.  ODST and MW2 are going to get far more attention and far more sales.

The OP is correct, this site clearly has more Sony fans and the polls almost always tend to skew towards Sony.  Another example was Natal being the biggest disappointment of E3.  I mean, come on, seriously?  It's probably been the most media hyped thing to come out of E3.  You may not think it's going to be the next big thing but how can any honestly call it the BIGGEST disappointment of E3?  At the very least it has the potential to be an interesting product. 

Having said that, the Sony wand was also not worth all those votes.  Face it, the polls tend to devolve into a popularity contest where people just pick the one that benefits their platform of choice without seriously considering the question in an unbiased way.

My thoughts exactly. PS3 exclusives are hyped above their market weight. I won't say that Sony can't have big games, because that's crap, but to expect Uncharted 2 to outsell ODST, MW2 and NSMB Wii is ludicrous.

The wording "THE big game of the holidays" is an important point, explained by daroamer. If it was YOUR biggest game of the holiday, then it should come down to personal preference.

Uncharted won't outsell any of those games, but it damn sure has the quality if not more.

To me, a big game is anything definitive, that game that says "yes mutha f***s I am indeed awesome"

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!