By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So how bad exactly is sony doing????

Hard to tell. When you are the #1 gaming console for over a decade and suddenly being dead last this gen and losing billions of dollars it can't get any worse. Can only go up from here.

Around the Network
Blubeard said:
Ps3 slim, is that even likely?

They said that was going to happen last year and it didn't.

I don't remember that being said at all last year, not saying your lying though , and yes we all know ps3 slim will happen at some point, and with all these rumours leaked pictures/videos and the fact that there making a 3 hours long conference i asume they will have somthing to say about the ps3 slim

Considering prices, its doing awesome.

I think everyone should wait until the PS3 reaches 360/Wii entry level prices until they say its a failure.

If we consider psp. ps2 and ps3 sales overall, Sony is not doing that bad. Xbox 360 is doing great and beating Ps3 so far, mainly because of a lower price. When Sony drop ps3 price. ps3 will begin to recover and will outsell 360 lifetime. Wii is a hudge sucesss, nintendo´s console is bringing new people to the world of gaming. I just hope they stop buying casual games, begin to buy some real ones and eventually upgrade to 360, ps3 or a console from next generation.

Ps3 is doing better than 360 was at this point in it's lifespan. So yeah, its doing alright.

Around the Network

It's probably the console with the biggest losses EVER in history of gaming.
Also, they either make even bigger losses by cutting the price, or make minimal profit by not cutting it, and soon disappear in the oblivion of dead consoles.

The whole "not bad, considering the price" argument is BS, it's like "you are not that stupid, considering that you are a retard".
It's the direct reaason of the failure, not an excuse.

So yeah, they are dooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!!

Everything is fine with the PS3 !

"Sales has increased over yea"r, "it sells more games than any other consoles "and the "price is very attractive"...

...hum... no in fact ..it hasn't any "Key Performance Indicator" in the green...

KPY 1 + KPY 2 + KPY X = AS-IS  (Wouaw not that doomed.. euh ... not that bad actually ! says the average fanboy)

Saying it is doing great is pure flawed logic... because from a business point of view.. it is rather a ruinous adventure so far for Sony...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I think Sony's best hope this gen is for some sort of profitability.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

OP is a mess with seriously flawed logic, but to answer the question= Somewhere between Dreamcast and XBOX1, adjusted for modern market. Not a dying beast but by no means a threat to its top competition at this time.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Well, the PS3 is domed, so...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective