By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve: PS3 Orange Box Players "Got the Stepchild Version"

Crazymann said:
Well, it was an honest answer - and it was truthful. Plus, I agree, if someone is going to produce an inferior port, I would rather not have it. Especially in this case.

As for the people complaining that Valve wants to bring in people rather than learn the PS3 themselves, look at it this way...

They started their company to make games, not learn to program everything under the sun. However, if they can bring in people with experience then you get the best of both worlds - Valve game design with good PS3 coding.

And, for those of you bashing Valve, I pity you. They have done more for their genre then any company outside Id and 3DRealms (RIP).

i agree VALVE is the SHIZNIT!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

What has 3drealms done except being one of the worst companies(companies that matter) in video gaming history? I'll never forgive those lazy guys...

Anyone who didn't buy the PC version got the stepchild version. Same goes for Left 4 Dead.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Well tbh its their loss... most developers cant afford the luxury to loose a 23 million installbase... it seems they can :P But their games are allways best on the PC, so...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Valve loses a lot of respect in my eyes. At least their PC versions are good.

Around the Network

As much as I love/admire Valve as a devoloper, this whole knocking the PS3 thing is really below them.

Valve is awesome. This thread reeks of Sonyfan butthurt.

Would people hate me if I said that I think Half-Life is very over rated?

Left4Dead looks alright though, but not a big online gamer myself.

I must admit though that I did really enjoy playing Team Fortress 2.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The only thing I get out of this article is that Valve is more lazy than other companies that can put out quality multi-plat games, I get nothing else out of it.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Euphoria14 said:
Would people hate me if I said that I think Half-Life is very over rated?

Left4Dead looks alright though, but not a big online gamer myself.

I must admit though that I did really enjoy playing Team Fortress 2.

why but it IS overrated.

its known for having a silent protagonist and i HATE that in games,  its also have a "Good" story in shooters which is rare, but all in all its overrated by the media IMO , much like alotta games.