By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve: PS3 Orange Box Players "Got the Stepchild Version"

ssj12 said:
BxN said:
leo-j said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I hate valve.

You are going to get destroyed by PC fans

I hate PC fans. Well, not all of them but the extremely childish and elitist ones.

screw off you console fanboy

I guess his point is made.

Around the Network

This sounds like the same sort of statements that developers used to say about Nintendo (I think during the N64 era). It is not good for companies when developers find their consoles a pain in the ass to work with. I'm sure there are others who aren't being so vocal.

LOL that was priceless SSJ12.

We all know if it was the other way around (360 hard to dev for,PS3 easy to) the PS3 fanboys would be saying Valve was the best thing since sliced bread.

Man Valve are moany brats.

Bad developers are bad

Around the Network

They make fun games, sucks I can't play them on my PS3.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

non-gravity said:
Bad developers are bad

Well luckily Valve makes one of the legendary FPS franchises making them one of the greatest.

The bad developers are the tards that ported HL2 and TOB to the PS2 and PS3.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

crumas2 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
like seriously. They couldn't do anything with PS2, it was inferior to their main stay, PC. This is kinda understandable. Yet now we have PS3, which in a manner of speaking is right on par with most PCs. Yet these guys STILL can't find the necessity to learn the console? I mean PS2's userbase was phenomenal for crying out loud and they still didn't find it important enough.

At this point I just don't see them as very good game developers. They are not in it for the money(PS2 shafting), which is good. They are not in it to see what they can do(PS3). They just seem to be forever frozen in their mindset and don't want to evolve. They rehash the same engines over and over, very little improvements. They don't attempt ANYTHING that isnt typical PC coding it seems.

Valve FTL! I support good gaming companies like Ubisoft, Naughty Dog, GGames, Namco, Media Molecule, SEGA, etc that actually have skillz.

They're making money, staying profitable, etc.  Who says they have to address the market in the way you deem appropriate to be "good game developers"?  Sounds like Blizzard is a REALLY poor developer, as that company refuses to touch any console.

Admit it... you're frustrated that Valve doesn't want to invest heavily in developing for the PS3.  It's not that you think they're not good at developing games.

Not really.

I could say I support gaming companies like Bioware, Blizzard, etc that make opposing exclusive games for other consoles I don't own. Its just that I dont own any of their games(cuz i dont use or have the systems). Yet the point is I can respect their work ethic. I don't hear THOSE companies complaining about consoles being too hard to develop for yatta yatta. I much rather they skip the excuses. If you dont want to make a game on a particular console, fine, just say so. Don't constantly be trying to make it seem like somethings wrong with that console tho when its really your programmers are elementary level at best for gaming.

To me it seems like they just want to do whatever uses the least amount of effort, a quality not becoming of a good game developer. They make millions of dollars every title yet they refuse to get more staff members? They just dont want to grow for some reason.

And I have never been interested in a Valve game other then Team Fortress. They just don't appeal to me as developers that way. I know plenty of other PS3 owners do/or at least did find their games interesting though.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Their step back into "We don't like the PS3" came sooner that I expected!

Remember this statement?:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=78800&page=1

And I called it....but for them to basically retract their statement so soon (they waited a year before they started saying they didn't like the PS3 last time) is astonishing