By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve: PS3 Orange Box Players "Got the Stepchild Version"

Valve : " im blaming you cause i didnt give you what you wanted. "

Around the Network

Yea, thanks for rubbing that in... *looks at abandoned copy of Orange Box on PS3*

That's probably why they didn't let EA port Left 4 Dead, don't want to hurt their image by some amateur porters.

Valve are full of their own self-importance and in the last couple of years people talk about them because of their PS3 stance and not because of the games they are producing. Says it all really.

fuck their couch k

Moonhero said:
Wii would have gotten the Red-headed stepchild version. So don't be too upset.

Oh wow, you used wii as a pun for we. It's not very nice staying you would have got the red headed version, i have red hair!

Around the Network

We already knew the ps3 version of orange box was crap since it came out. EA ported it over, valve didn't do the port.

I think they are just saying that the PS3 shouldn't get shitty ports that's been outsourced to other companies which would give the PS3 users a bad impression of Valve but as of now they don't have a PS3 team of any kind because they've always been a PC dev and 360 is much closer to a PC than the other platforms hence making it easy to work with for the company. They are a more conservative company just like Blizzard (or Nintendo.) You might feel weird reading this as I have a L4D2 boycott sig but let me assure you that if they give the proper discount for steam L4D owners, I might still get it, or I'd just wait for a steam discount months down the road since there is noway I'd buy it at full price regardless of how some people might think it's awesome on a matter of principles.

axumblade said:
rckrz6 said:
We already knew the ps3 version of orange box was crap since it came out. EA ported it over, valve didn't do the port.

The odd thing that misled a lot of people was the valve stamp that was on the cover next to EA.

LOL

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Meh. If you ask PS3 users most would rather have Bioware bring Mass Effect over to PS3 100 times more then L4D.

Moonhero said:
Wii would have gotten the Red-headed stepchild version. So don't be too upset.

I don't wanna see the corpse of that stepchild for the wii. It would be.... HORRIBLE... Poor little kid...