By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve: PS3 Orange Box Players "Got the Stepchild Version"

^ Sucks to be you. You must hate zelda, mario and metroid then if you don't like silent protagonists :P I'm a big fan of silent games were everything is dead safe for a few enemies.

Around the Network

Mario isnt silent all the time!

mM

The only 2 things he said in SMG was Maaariooooo and NEW GALAXY

I hate his voice lol.

PullusPardus said:
Euphoria14 said:
Would people hate me if I said that I think Half-Life is very over rated?

Left4Dead looks alright though, but not a big online gamer myself.

I must admit though that I did really enjoy playing Team Fortress 2.

why but it IS overrated.

its known for having a silent protagonist and i HATE that in games,  its also have a "Good" story in shooters which is rare, but all in all its overrated by the media IMO , much like alotta games.

You mean super overrated totally generic Halo?

Half-Life is not overrated. A game is nearly flawless as it is by far is not overrated. If its overrated then ET was a AAA title.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Samus Aran said:
The only 2 things he said in SMG was Maaariooooo and NEW GALAXY

I hate his voice lol.

please look up his voice for every game from Mario 64 and up.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

What has 3drealms done except being one of the worst companies(companies that matter) in video gaming history? I'll never forgive those lazy guys...

Well, Apogee gave Id their start (Catacomb Abyss, Wolfenstein 3D, etc), they published fun games for the PC (Raptor), but most importantly they gave the FPS genre character.  Duke 3D had a groundbreaking amount of character and interactivity for the genre.  Shadow Warrior and Redneck Rampage were close behind.

For the record, I do not begrudge 3DR of their situation with Duke Forever.  They simply lost focus, and tried to do too much without having the technology at the time, the focus to complete the project or the sense to move on.  I recently bought the Atomic Edition, and fired up the HRP.  That's good shootin'.  I can't wait to see the Polymer Renderer in action.

Well, ok, I did like Wolfenstein and previous Duke games. Let's just say I started hating 3D realms when the new millenium started.

Moonhero said:
Wii would have gotten the Red-headed stepchild version. So don't be too upset.

LOL true, but then again HL2 on the original XBOX was a pretty good port overall, and as such I think a port of The Orange Box would have been do-able on the Wii.  It would be worth it for Portal and Team Fortress 2 alone (provided Nintendo's servers were up to the task for TF2.)

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

isn't funny that the most of the people bashing Valve are usually teenagers who like those Emo JRPGs with their anime and hate everything popular in the west (FPSs, TPSs, GTAs)

if Valve's games are bad or mediocre then 99% of the games ever released are pure Shit.

nice going again Chartz.

^ I'm pretty sure Nintendo's games make up for more then 1%