By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve: PS3 Orange Box Players "Got the Stepchild Version"

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I hate valve.

This is going in the "sony fanboy" pile of evidence.

Seriously.. valve.. sucks... no. That is incorrect.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Spankey said:

Interestingly, they (Blizzard) allowed ports of both Warcraft and Diablo onto the PS1 back in the day.

Don't know whats stopping them from allowing a similar port to consoles today.

That's a very good question.  I believe they were dipping their toes into the console water during a time when many people thought that console gaming was going to destroy PC gaming.  That obviously didn't happen, so I'm guessing they decided the low ROI of the experiment didn't justify it.

One thing about Blizzard is they want to keep pushing the hardware, just like id and a number of other PC developers.  PC gamers will often go out and buy a new motherboard, graphics card, etc., just to be able to play the latest game, or to play a current game better.  With consoles you have a locked-in hardware performance ceiling that doesn't go away until the next generation of consoles, which might be 4+ years later.  Yes, there are ways to keep improving how the hardware on a console is used as time goes on, but the same can be said about PC hardware (new DirectX drivers, etc.).

It was an honest answer, and for that, I do respect Valve. My Xbox seems to like them as well.

Yeah this is great news, Valve is so cool, now im buying L4D2. Oh and L4D2 is only on 360 and pc.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB