By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - if only nintendo wouldnt make the same games over and over again

i have been a big nintendo fan in the past, just take a look at my awesome collection of snes games. i have owned every nintendo system including the wii, but theres something that bothers me about nintendo. they always make the same fucking games each generation!

1. mario games why is it that princess peach gets kidnapped by bowser in every single fucking mario game? okay, she doesnt get kidnapped in mario kart and all those sports spinoffs, but those games dont have a story unlike the platformers and rpgs. how about changing things up a bit, like making peach the final boss in a mario game? now that would kick ass.

2. zelda games link has to save princess zelda from the evil ganon or ganondorf like he is called in latter games. as a kid i didnt notice it, but that somehow sounds like a mario game story. nintendo is really fucking innovative! it would be nice to see link going on his own journey for once, without that stupid princess getting in the way.

3. metroid games finally a series in which you dont have to save a fucking princess all the time, but thats probably because the main character is a woman. still, she has that varia suit in every game and you collect almost always the same items and upgrades to fight those nasty metroids. for once, nintendo should give this basic formula a twist, like making samus almost die at the beginning of a game and the only way she is able to survive is to remove that fucking varia suit she has been using for so long. i am sick of always seeing the same stuff. these are just three and the most popular examples i could think of, but there are more.

if only nintendo wouldnt make the same fucking games over and over again, i could enjoy their games again, like in the glorious snes days when those games felt still fresh and new, because they werent so overdone. had nintendo used some different ideas in their games like the ones i suggested above at least once, this entire rant would be null and void. but alas, nintendo is all about the money and they milk their franchises for all their worth. greedy bastards.

Around the Network

I would be happy with a new Mario,Zelda and a Metroid game every year.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

me too actually

A game where you get to kill princess Peach would be pretty neat.

You did NOT just diss Zelda .

Around the Network

that applies to almost every company

Maynard_Tool said:
that applies to almost every company

QFT

And you think that Microsoft and Sony will do what with Gears of War, God of War, Halo and Gran turismo?

You will forget about Pikmin in the Gamecube? Nintendo will bring a new series for the Wii soon (I hope so), but they can't forget about the main series (Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario, Metroid, etc) because these series has a lot of fans.

angrypoolman said:

1. mario games why is it that princess peach gets kidnapped by bowser in every single fucking mario game? okay, she doesnt get kidnapped in mario kart and all those sports spinoffs, but those games dont have a story unlike the platformers and rpgs. how about changing things up a bit, like making peach the final boss in a mario game? now that would kick ass.

2. zelda games link has to save princess zelda from the evil ganon or ganondorf like he is called in latter games. as a kid i didnt notice it, but that somehow sounds like a mario game story. nintendo is really fucking innovative! it would be nice to see link going on his own journey for once, without that stupid princess getting in the way.

3. metroid games finally a series in which you dont have to save a fucking princess all the time, but thats probably because the main character is a woman. still, she has that varia suit in every game and you collect almost always the same items and upgrades to fight those nasty metroids. for once, nintendo should give this basic formula a twist, like making samus almost die at the beginning of a game and the only way she is able to survive is to remove that fucking varia suit she has been using for so long. i am sick of always seeing the same stuff. these are just three and the most popular examples i could think of, but there are more.

1.  The did make Peach the final boss (more or less) in one Mario game.

2.  Ganondorf is the wizard.  Ganon is his pig/transformed self.  Legend of Zelda:  Link's Awakening also did not feature Princess Zelda.

3.  Metroid is Metroid because it features Metroid gameplay.  What you're asking here is for Metroid to become a different series.  It would be like asking Masterchief and the Covenant to suddenly start playing water polo with Kratos and Dante in the next Halo.  If you did that then it would cease to be Halo.

I take it that you've never played Majora's Mask...

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong