By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - if only nintendo wouldnt make the same games over and over again

Well, anyone who is tired of their games can give them to me -- then when they get them back they will feel new again.

Seriously, all successful games are based on a formula. At least Nintendo typically only releases one or sometimes two per generation of any series.

Meanwhile, other companies sometimes have three installments per generation. Meanwhile, sports games come out annually and music games even more often.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
senseinobaka said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
senseinobaka said:
@WoW, Ratchet and Clank is a Franchise owned and Published by Sony. Same is true for Resistance. But that doesnt invalidate the point that he was trying to make. Sony is the worst (non EA or Activision) publisher for spamming their successful franchises. Ratchet and Clank is an example. God of War has 4 games in 4 years. Resistance has 3 in 2 years, Jak and Daxter has several, Singstar...oh my god singstar, Uncharted is already being sequeled. The frequency of sony's sequelitis can be compared to COD/Madden/and Mario Party. 

I will double check my facts.  I believe you are wrong.

I'm not sure which you are refering to. If it's the number of games released in a period of time...that's posible since I wrote that from memory. If it's about Sony owning R&C and Resistance, thats according to the SCE entry at Wikipedia...so it's cant be to trusted.

The R&C IP being owned by Sony or IG.  More sources are reporting that it's Sony-owned, however I'm finding conflicting information so I'm not sure which is to be believed.

I see somebody doesn't want to be a kid at heart anymore. :p

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
CHYUII said:
SM- Should go back to Mario 2 or 3 style.

LofZ- Should go MMORPG. Play as a Moblin, Zora help Link or
a game were you play as Gannon or a game where Zelda and Link have to command the armies of Hyrule with RTS flare for part of the game.

Metroid- Zero Suit Samus fighting in a Major Alien City with a GTA feel.

Someone get this man a job at Nintendo.

I Hope they change Link's armour to something Knightly not with green tights.

Around the Network
liquidninja said:

He's right.

I don't think he saying it to bash the company either.

People liked to be surprised and when every mario game has the same plot and ending, it's not very surprising.

Realy? They like? Well, I don't think so! I see every years' E3 requests qith Zelda, Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, etc etc etc. And when Nintendo show a completely new (and very well executed) concept such as Wii Fit or Wii Music, gets bashed.

Peronaly, couldn't be happier wih Nintendo's position on all its IPs.

I really wish the marioboys would realize that that is all Nintendo has.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.