By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - if only nintendo wouldnt make the same games over and over again

liquidninja said:
All I know is that Old Super Mario Games are better than the new ones.

I agree.

Around the Network
Pinab said:
IxisNaugus said:

Why are people responding seriously to this thread?

Maybe because the OP actually was serious, and it is a serious question? It may not be ideally formed, and it may be a silly question, but it's still worth answering.

Why are you replying with a facepalm? You're making someone who clearly made a (small) mistake feel even worse, for no real reason at all.

If only the heavans had warned me of the damage a facepalm picture could do. Did you actually read the entire OP and take it so seriously? Guess so. Alright, i apologize for the facepalm picture if that makes those offended feel better. I actually had in mind maybe not following along with this joke, but it seems its far too late for that.

How technical is your game?

Ryudo said:
Maynard_Tool said:
that applies to almost every company

QFT

errr. nope. Sega used to make tons of new stuff that wasn't just sonic/streets of rage/shinobi/etc. For all their systems they always created new and interesting franchises. And Sony is the same, look at their first/second party exclusives: Team Ico games are not the same stuff, Insmoniac created Resistance this generation, Naughty Dog created this  new IP called "Uncharted", Sucker Punch went with a new IP called "Infamous", they have Heavy Rain, Motorstorm, Warhawk (new IP from Incognito, the creators of Twisted Metal). Level 5 created White Knight Chronicles insted of a new Dark Cloud. If you look around, you'll see Sony didn't prioritize sticking to the same old , same old.

TX109 said:
CHYUII said:
SM- Should go back to Mario 2 or 3 style.

LofZ- Should go MMORPG. Play as a Moblin, Zora help Link or
a game were you play as Gannon or a game where Zelda and Link have to command the armies of Hyrule with RTS flare for part of the game.

Metroid- Zero Suit Samus fighting in a Major Alien City with a GTA feel.

All of those suggestions would destroy those franchises in a heart beat, except for maybe the super mario one.

Man, that's the last time I try and help you out! If youre happy being in Zelda and Links shadow you go right on ahead. I just wanted you to have your own game.

I think if the the RTS was imbedded into the game it would be fine. Zelda has minigames all over it so what would be the harm in incorporating a RTS minigame that actually adds to the storyline? Fin. Fan. has done it and it hasn't wrecked the RPG.

I concede with you on the Metroid though I think that game should be called SAMUS.

I hate Metroids anyway. 3 clawed havin', jelly-fish looking, vampire wannabee's being!

angrypoolman said:

...i have owned every nintendo system including the wii ... they always make the same fucking games each generation!

You're an enabler.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network

The games may have smilier stories but what they differ is the level designs. Mario Sunshine and Mario Galexy. Zelda orcarina of time and wind waker. I don't know about metroid. Only played the fusio one for the GBA

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Magnific0 said:
Ryudo said:
Maynard_Tool said:
that applies to almost every company

QFT

errr. nope. Sega used to make tons of new stuff that wasn't just sonic/streets of rage/shinobi/etc. For all their systems they always created new and interesting franchises. And Sony is the same, look at their first/second party exclusives: Team Ico games are not the same stuff, Insmoniac created Resistance this generation, Naughty Dog created this  new IP called "Uncharted", Sucker Punch went with a new IP called "Infamous", they have Heavy Rain, Motorstorm, Warhawk (new IP from Incognito, the creators of Twisted Metal). Level 5 created White Knight Chronicles insted of a new Dark Cloud. If you look around, you'll see Sony didn't prioritize sticking to the same old , same old.

Kirby, Yoshi Island, Mario Kart, Mario World, Zelda, Metroid and others was not enough for you in the snes?

@edit: and You forgot that Nintendo has a lot of second party as well.

OMFG bro, did you just tell Nintendo to change Zelda?

Man, that's blasphemy. Every entry in that series has BLOWN me away.

Mess with a new IP, leave my Zelda alone, ffs.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Hisiru said:
liquidninja said:

He's right.

I don't think he saying it to bash the company either.

People liked to be surprised and when every mario game has the same plot and ending, it's not very surprising.

Mario don't has a story, is just a plataform game, what you think that is "story", is just what the characters represents (Mario= hero, Peach = Princess, Bowser= Villain).

Exactly, Mario DO NOT have no story. The game is about being an amazingly fun platformer. Not about the epic transactions between Mario and Bowser. It's light hearted fun, with gameplay that is unsurpassed. A serious Mario game...would suck. The story would take away from the rest of the game.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Hisiru said:
liquidninja said:

He's right.

I don't think he saying it to bash the company either.

People liked to be surprised and when every mario game has the same plot and ending, it's not very surprising.

Mario don't has a story, is just a plataform game, what you think that is "story", is just what the characters represents (Mario= hero, Peach = Princess, Bowser= Villain).

Exactly, Mario DO NOT have no story. The game is about being an amazingly fun platformer. Not about the epic transactions between Mario and Bowser. It's light hearted fun, with gameplay that is unsurpassed. A serious Mario game...would suck. The story would take away from the rest of the game.

You have my support, good sir.

Pixel Art can be fun.