By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - if only nintendo wouldnt make the same games over and over again

I wish Nintendo would stop being so innovative with Wii Fit, Music etc and just re-make Mario and Zelda games lol.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Around the Network

Highwystar101 approves of this thread...

I think they should make some new games as good as Mario or Zelda, I know ounuma or Miyamoto still have that capacity.

RolStoppable said:
Hisiru said:
Magnific0 said:
Ryudo said:
Maynard_Tool said:
that applies to almost every company

QFT

errr. nope. Sega used to make tons of new stuff that wasn't just sonic/streets of rage/shinobi/etc. For all their systems they always created new and interesting franchises. And Sony is the same, look at their first/second party exclusives: Team Ico games are not the same stuff, Insmoniac created Resistance this generation, Naughty Dog created this  new IP called "Uncharted", Sucker Punch went with a new IP called "Infamous", they have Heavy Rain, Motorstorm, Warhawk (new IP from Incognito, the creators of Twisted Metal). Level 5 created White Knight Chronicles insted of a new Dark Cloud. If you look around, you'll see Sony didn't prioritize sticking to the same old , same old.

Kirby, Yoshi Island, Mario Kart, Mario World, Zelda, Metroid and others was not enough for you in the snes?

Kirby, Mario World, Zelda and Metroid weren't new on the SNES. Try F-Zero, Pilotwings, Starfox and Super Mario RPG for example.

Anyway, I am not going to further participate on this subject, just wanted to have this thread in my recent threads list.

Why, thank you, kind sir! Now I remember of Sim City in 1991 (Nintendo + Maxis), Stunt Race FX (Nintendo + The same developer of the Star fox).

Ryudo said:
Lets also not forget Hotel Dusk,Chibi Robo,Battalion wars,Advance Wars,Endless Ocean,Sin N punishment,Disaster Day of Crisis,the Art Style series etc etc.. The both Publish and develop New IP's all the time but people always seem to forget them for some reason.

he means Nintendo not Third/Second party developers

But, I like buying the same stuff over and over again, at least, if it's good (you hear that SEGA?). Hell, Nintendo's mastered the art of getting me to buy the exact same game over and over and over, and enjoy doing it. I've probably bought Super Mario Bros like five times, and am looking forward to buying the Metroid Prime Wiimakes, and playing MP2 multiplayer with Wiimotes.

It's sort of like an abusive relationship. I should probably stop buying the same game 5 times over, but Nintendo loves me. They only release the games again out of the goodness of their heart, so I can enjoy them again...

Around the Network

I guess nintendo isn't about story, its just about quality gameplay.

Nintendo also isn't about making new IP's either. All they have this gen that's new is the Wii series (sports/fit/play/music).

coolestguyever said:
I guess nintendo isn't about story

Hector from Fire Emblem has asked me to arrange a meeting between you, him, and his axe.

dont feed the troll people

all you need is one guy making the same thread we've seen a million times for there to be a huge useless flame war that we've also seen a million times. i have radioactive troll puke all over my keyboard  from some of these posts. god, we should mature and get over this stupid redundant topic

Who cares? They're fun! XD

^^ only to some extent. it was fun in 2007, now it's just dragged on too far