By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 fails to crack 1 million units in US

Squilliam said:
^ Im sure many feel the same way towards you.

Are u interested in me the wrong way, dude i don't swing that way

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

why is everything have to be good in the US?
there are other places in the world, if these guys havent noticed.

This^^

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Although the sales figures are strong by most standards the game is reported to have cost over EUR 40 million to develop. 

Wow, that's $55 million in US dollars.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

That was an extremely ignorant article.

Firstly, where did they get that 40 million euros figure, other than out of their you know what, and secondly, Killzone 2 was never going to increase year on year sales. In case GamesIndustry.biz hasn't noticed, it's a $400 in a recession, with or without a not-particularly-original (although fantastic) first person shooter.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Sorry, but Killzone 2 is selling yet and 1 million is matter of time.

Overall Killzone 2 has been a success and deservedly so. I don't see the point in just looking at America.

theRepublic said:

Although the sales figures are strong by most standards the game is reported to have cost over EUR 40 million to develop.

Wow, that's $55 million in US dollars.

1.60 million X 59$ = 94.4 million is U.S dollars............until now

Also notice that Sony must have shipped close to 2 millions by now to retailers

MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

I am sure the reviewers who made it an AAA game agree with that... as does everyone in this thread who remarked how much they enjoyed the game

"On its release Sony proclaimed Killzone 2 to be its fastest-selling title ever in the US, in terms of reaching 500,000 unit sales."

WTF did MGS4 do then?!!!!