By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 fails to crack 1 million units in US

Kantor said:
That was an extremely ignorant article.

Firstly, where did they get that 40 million euros figure, other than out of their you know what, and secondly, Killzone 2 was never going to increase year on year sales. In case GamesIndustry.biz hasn't noticed, it's a $400 in a recession, with or without a not-particularly-original (although fantastic) first person shooter.

Apparently the original budget was over $21 million, and that was before the delays:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155511

Also, the advertising budget was over $3 million for the UK alone:

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-268143.aspx

So without considering extra budget for delays, budget creep and advertising in other countries, KZ2 cost at the very least $24 million. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 million euros was pretty close to the truth, even if there isn't hard data saying so. Advertising alone should add many millions to that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@seece

Oh......thats right, but actually in some regions thats better (like here) were games

are sold for 65-70 U.S dollars

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I hope when the game is lowered down to $30 it'll sell more (maybe they should do it immediately while they have E3 as a platform to announce this). It's a bit dissapointing, how few casual gamers knew about this title. Huge hype within the entire hardcore base only ammounts to a small fraction of the entire console population.

I remember asking my hockey teammates about this game, and they never even heard of it >.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
MrBubbles said:
Munkeh111 said:
MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

I am sure the reviewers who made it an AAA game agree with that... as does everyone in this thread who remarked how much they enjoyed the game

because just a few posters in this thread negates everyone who didnt purchase it because of the controls...and the people who were upset with their purchases beacuse of it...

I have to agree, different strokes, and I'll debate the quality of KZ2 with anyone :P I'll bring up real issues that very few reviewers or posters bring up and the reply back is always crap about reviews, metacritic, or N4G, it's terrible how people think reviews are the end all be all for games, but if reviews don't seem to reflect their own personal feelings they throw a tantrum like a 5 year old...

Okay, go ahead

Kantor said:
seece said:
"On its release Sony proclaimed Killzone 2 to be its fastest-selling title ever in the US, in terms of reaching 500,000 unit sales."

WTF did MGS4 do then?!!!!

MGS4 isn't a Sony title, it's a Konami title...

Even though it's not a sony tittle..it stiil proly the fastest seller....Also sony did not say.."It's our fastest selling game"

It's also funny cuz acording to sony VGC has it under tracked1

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
@seece

Oh......thats right, but actually in some regions thats better (like here) were games

are sold for 65-70 U.S dollars

True enough, in some cases it helps. I never said it went against Killzone though ..

Sony said it was their fastest selling first party game, not the fastest selling ps3 game.

Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
MrBubbles said:
Munkeh111 said:
MrBubbles said:
they shouldnt have released the demo. the poor controls and aiming turned people off, reducing the sales.

I am sure the reviewers who made it an AAA game agree with that... as does everyone in this thread who remarked how much they enjoyed the game

because just a few posters in this thread negates everyone who didnt purchase it because of the controls...and the people who were upset with their purchases beacuse of it...

I have to agree, different strokes, and I'll debate the quality of KZ2 with anyone :P I'll bring up real issues that very few reviewers or posters bring up and the reply back is always crap about reviews, metacritic, or N4G, it's terrible how people think reviews are the end all be all for games, but if reviews don't seem to reflect their own personal feelings they throw a tantrum like a 5 year old...

Okay, go ahead

Eh?  If that was supposed to mean go ahead and throw a tantrum you failed pretty hard since I'm against taking such things so seriously as most of the video game fans on the internet do :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Zuhyc said:

Sony said it was their fastest selling first party game, not the fastest selling ps3 game.

They meant this gen! GT4 was a lot faster selling than Killzone 2...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective