By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - InFamous Metacritic Score (Updated)

infamous8 said:

IGN and GameSpot are the only review sites that matter.

I dont know why people take "MetaCritic" seriously. They use scores from Joe Nobody's review site. ANYBODY can make a video game site and post a review/opinion. MetaCritic uses a lot of reviews from people with absolutely ZERO credentials.

IGN and Gamespot are professional and do in-depth video reviews... with the reviewer putting their reputation on the line. Although IGN and GS are not always 100% accurate, Those are the only sites I will trust.

I only pretty much trust Gametrailers and Giantbomb. 

IGN sometimes, except when they hate a game, they really show it.  At least when GS does it they try to do intelligent criticism.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
forevercloud3000 said:
^this
When I look at review scores I do tend to point more to the big name sites, although sometimes I completely disagree with them as well. Many reviewer sites seem to have an agenda while reviewing PS3 games(in an effort to always make them look inferior to 360 counterparts).

Check out my thread on the shady CGReview's Review on Infamous......

And this is what metacritic is all about, plz read this review which they included

http://www.gamestyle.net/articles/1670/Killzone_2/

That review was terribly bias toward 360.  I don't know why 360 had to be brough up in the review.  But i never heard of the website doing the review

nen-suer said:
forevercloud3000 said:
^this
When I look at review scores I do tend to point more to the big name sites, although sometimes I completely disagree with them as well. Many reviewer sites seem to have an agenda while reviewing PS3 games(in an effort to always make them look inferior to 360 counterparts).

And this is what metacritic is all about, plz read this review which they included

WOW! What a pathetic review......

Some just can't be pleased. This is why I always just read the encompassing idea. I look at the score, if it is low, I read the review to find out if the reasons they marked it down were reason enough for me.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I just don't wanna see it under 85

4 ≈ One

I think it may dip to about 87-89 range...

infamous8 said:

IGN and GameSpot are the only review sites that matter.

I dont know why people take "MetaCritic" seriously. They use scores from Joe Nobody's review site. ANYBODY can make a video game site and post a review/opinion. MetaCritic uses a lot of reviews from people with absolutely ZERO credentials.

IGN and Gamespot are professional and do in-depth video reviews... with the reviewer putting their reputation on the line. Although IGN and GS are not always 100% accurate, Those are the only sites I will trust.

While I don't like a lot of the reviews that come from the 'JOE NOBODY' review sites, I have to ask:  What credentials are needed to rate a game?  All reviews of video games are based off opinion in one way or another, regardless of journalism experience or being able to evaluate fairly.

Around the Network
rckrz6 said:
nen-suer said:
forevercloud3000 said:
^this

That review was terribly bias toward 360.  I don't know why 360 had to be brough up in the review.  But i never heard of the website doing the review

LOL.....I dunno weather or not to take this site seriously cause evry ps3 exclusive game they review they always bring up how ps3 still has no games....just read their reviews on every ps3 exclusives.

Thanks for reminding me.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

*Ahem*

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=72915&page=1

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Good revies so far but I doubt taht it will hold in the 90 region for long. IMO something more close to 86-88 will be the final score it will have on meta :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Once again, go INFAMOUS!!!!!!!!

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!