By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - InFamous Metacritic Score (Updated)

DAMN!!!!!! That score is dropping like a stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be lucky to settle above 80.

Also, I think they should have called it something different than "Infamous" - the title is just not that catchy or appealing....reminds me of "Too Human"

Around the Network
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Also, I think they should have called it something different than "Infamous" - the title is just not that catchy or appealing....reminds me of "Too Human"

The funny thing about this statement is that the only score below an 80 even is eurogamer...which has it at a 70. x.o

It will only take a few scores below 70 to drop this game's average below 80.

Trust me, it will settle at eiither 79 or 81.

Just eat some popcorn and watch the score fall.

Good times!

axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:

The funny thing about this statement is that the only score below an 80 even is eurogamer...which has it at a 70. x.o

Good times!

Either score isn't too bad in all honesty. I dunno. I wasn't expecting 90+ or anything like that. I'm still hyped for the game though.

I agree.  Looks like a fun game :)

TheTruthProphet said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Good times!

and you know that any scores past the main like 7 important ones doesnt matter. Do you really trust sites like hophopgamer, GameTM, and those other weird websites with layouts made in Microsoft Frontpage? I don't, I trust a score by one of my fellow staff members before I trust any of those garbage websites and half of the higher class sites like GameSpot and EuroGamer.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Eurogamer is getting nothing for christmas >:o

Around the Network

GREAT SCORES

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

TheTruthProphet said:

No it's not, stop blabbering incoherent garbage please.

It's dropped a few points when the second waves of reviews came but nothing happened after that. I think pretty much everyone expected something in the 85s range. That's exactly what it's getting right now.

axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Good times!

Either score isn't too bad in all honesty. I dunno. I wasn't expecting 90+ or anything like that. I'm still hyped for the game though.

He speaks the truth

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

nen-suer said:
forevercloud3000 said:
^this
When I look at review scores I do tend to point more to the big name sites, although sometimes I completely disagree with them as well. Many reviewer sites seem to have an agenda while reviewing PS3 games(in an effort to always make them look inferior to 360 counterparts).

Check out my thread on the shady CGReview's Review on Infamous......

And this is what metacritic is all about, plz read this review which they included

http://www.gamestyle.net/articles/1670/Killzone_2/

I would agree that that is a terrible biased bullshit review, but you have to remember that their are 2 sides to the coin.

The thing that makes metacritic so fair is that you have the true reviews that are probably spot on score wise, and then you have the people that rate the game higher than it should be, and finally you have the people that rate it lower than it should be....

So all in all they tend to be for the most part fair scores.

Another thing you have to remember is that if you really like a certain genre then its best to look at the top reviewers on the metacritic cause they will likely mirror what you think the game should get.  For instance i really like racing games (NFS, Forza, GT, PGR, Grid and such) so when i go on metacritic to see what scores they have i tend to look at the top of the list and i usually agree with the top scores provide.

In the end the decision is all up to you.  If you like the game get it, if your unsure of it rent it, and if it turns out to be good buy it.

I personally think that gameinformer is one of the best reviewers out there...I rarely disagree with their scores.

infamous8 said:

IGN and GameSpot are the only review sites that matter.

I dont know why people take "MetaCritic" seriously. They use scores from Joe Nobody's review site. ANYBODY can make a video game site and post a review/opinion. MetaCritic uses a lot of reviews from people with absolutely ZERO credentials.

IGN and Gamespot are professional and do in-depth video reviews... with the reviewer putting their reputation on the line. Although IGN and GS are not always 100% accurate, Those are the only sites I will trust.

Do you have shares in IGN and Gamespot?

The joe nobody reviews are normally the most accurate. The stupidly high scores and terrible review systems that places like IGn have is whats wrong with reviews. They needlessly review on hype. The amount of games I have found much more robust and entertaining scoring 7's or 8's over 9's and 10's on IGN or Gamespot is rediculous.