By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - InFamous Metacritic Score (Updated)

Although I could care less about aggregate reviews, wouldn't make more sense to use the median for an accurate representation of scores? You nearly always get very low outliers... makes sense to me.

For those wondering, the median as of May 20th would be 90. Doesn't that seem much more representative of the scores that are recorded there?

Around the Network

Updated todays review score.

Tried the demo right before work for about 10 mintues..

have to play more to give a good opinion.

I can say that it reminds me of Crackdown, knew it would tho... (Thats a good thing)

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

infamous8 said:

IGN and GameSpot are the only review sites that matter.

I dont know why people take "MetaCritic" seriously. They use scores from Joe Nobody's review site. ANYBODY can make a video game site and post a review/opinion. MetaCritic uses a lot of reviews from people with absolutely ZERO credentials.

IGN and Gamespot are professional and do in-depth video reviews... with the reviewer putting their reputation on the line. Although IGN and GS are not always 100% accurate, Those are the only sites I will trust.

Gametrailers is good too.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
ssj12 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:
Expect it to finish on 88

Well.Carl....I don't know if your Right...But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source.....If what you say is true....I wonder what all the fanboys that called it a AAA exclusive would have to say

90+ isnt justification of a AAA game. Neither are sales. Zeno Clash, which I rated an 8.4, is by far a AAA title. It is all about what a game brings to the table.

You should know not to completely trust reviews after the GTA4 10/10 garbage. There is no truly perfect game as there will always be things that can be improved.

."But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source"

There was a thread about this...Carl and i both Posted in it...Just seeing if he remembers...

I also remember a thread on this. Someone told me DQ8 is not a AAA title because it's only 89% on Metacritics.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

TheTruthProphet said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:

DAMN!!!!!! That score is dropping like a stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be lucky to settle above 80.

Also, I think they should have called it something different than "Infamous" - the title is just not that catchy or appealing....reminds me of "Too Human"

The funny thing about this statement is that the only score below an 80 even is eurogamer...which has it at a 70. x.o

It will only take a few scores below 70 to drop this game's average below 80.

Trust me, it will settle at eiither 79 or 81.

Just eat some popcorn and watch the score fall.

Good times!

Spot on !

I don't know where your hate for Infamous is coming from but I'm getting a little tired of it.

Around the Network

Decent reviews, though it is a pity that it is not a 90 game

saicho said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ssj12 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:

Well.Carl....I don't know if your Right...But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source.....If what you say is true....I wonder what all the fanboys that called it a AAA exclusive would have to say

90+ isnt justification of a AAA game. Neither are sales. Zeno Clash, which I rated an 8.4, is by far a AAA title. It is all about what a game brings to the table.

You should know not to completely trust reviews after the GTA4 10/10 garbage. There is no truly perfect game as there will always be things that can be improved.

."But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source"

There was a thread about this...Carl and i both Posted in it...Just seeing if he remembers...

I also remember a thread on this. Someone told me DQ8 is not a AAA title because it's only 89% on Metacritics.

My point exactly.....I'm not agreeing with the thread about which we speak of...I was in there posting that Fable 2 was AAA and got shot down due to it's under 90 score

Zizzla_Rachet said:
saicho said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ssj12 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:

My point exactly.....I'm not agreeing with the thread about which we speak of...I was in there posting that Fable 2 was AAA and got shot down due to it's under 90 score

I think most people remember Fable 2 as being under 90 because this whole "above 90 on meta" thing was basically started by Starcraft, and Fable 2 was his baby.  So Fable 2 being at 89 is some kind of celestial payback for him making up the rule in the first place. 

BxN said:
TheTruthProphet said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:

DAMN!!!!!! That score is dropping like a stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be lucky to settle above 80.

Also, I think they should have called it something different than "Infamous" - the title is just not that catchy or appealing....reminds me of "Too Human"

The funny thing about this statement is that the only score below an 80 even is eurogamer...which has it at a 70. x.o

It will only take a few scores below 70 to drop this game's average below 80.

Trust me, it will settle at eiither 79 or 81.

Just eat some popcorn and watch the score fall.

Good times!

Spot on !

I don't know where your hate for Infamous is coming from but I'm getting a little tired of it.

Yeah, he also says "Good times!" after his posts and it kinda irks me off, sounds like a sadist if anything. People take console wars too seriously and personal.

Torillian said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
saicho said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ssj12 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:

I think most people remember Fable 2 as being under 90 because this whole "above 90 on meta" thing was basically started by Starcraft, and Fable 2 was his baby.  So Fable 2 being at 89 is some kind of celestial payback for him making up the rule in the first place. 

LOL...The universe got him good.....