By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - InFamous Metacritic Score (Updated)

85 to 90 is a great review range indicates the game is top quality. AAA in my books is a game receiving review averages above 85% and above. So Infamous is a AAA game.

Around the Network

AAA just means 90% on metacritic/gamerankings, that is it

Torillian said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
saicho said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ssj12 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:
Expect it to finish on 88

Well.Carl....I don't know if your Right...But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source.....If what you say is true....I wonder what all the fanboys that called it a AAA exclusive would have to say

90+ isnt justification of a AAA game. Neither are sales. Zeno Clash, which I rated an 8.4, is by far a AAA title. It is all about what a game brings to the table.

You should know not to completely trust reviews after the GTA4 10/10 garbage. There is no truly perfect game as there will always be things that can be improved.

."But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source"

There was a thread about this...Carl and i both Posted in it...Just seeing if he remembers...

I also remember a thread on this. Someone told me DQ8 is not a AAA title because it's only 89% on Metacritics.

My point exactly.....I'm not agreeing with the thread about which we speak of...I was in there posting that Fable 2 was AAA and got shot down due to it's under 90 score

I think most people remember Fable 2 as being under 90 because this whole "above 90 on meta" thing was basically started by Starcraft, and Fable 2 was his baby.  So Fable 2 being at 89 is some kind of celestial payback for him making up the rule in the first place. 

Alas, I wish I could claim credit for creating the rule, but I am merely a follower.

Ultimately though, Metacritic is the nearest thing we have to an objective quality measure.  I fully concede that in order to apply that to any argument, I have to concede, and do, that Fable 2 is not AAA in quality terms.  But contrary to what mean believe I am implying that doesn not mean for a moment it is a poor game.  On the contrary I feel it is one of the best games I have played this generation.  At 87 on Metacritic, Infamous is no doubt very good.  It appears to be getting shot down for one of the two main things Fable 2 did: repetition.

Fable 2's other main complaint was not meeting Peter Molyneux's promises, but I'll leave the whole argument that that resulted in the game's score being artificially lowered past the AAA mark for another day. ;)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Torillian said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
saicho said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ssj12 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:
Expect it to finish on 88

Well.Carl....I don't know if your Right...But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source.....If what you say is true....I wonder what all the fanboys that called it a AAA exclusive would have to say

90+ isnt justification of a AAA game. Neither are sales. Zeno Clash, which I rated an 8.4, is by far a AAA title. It is all about what a game brings to the table.

You should know not to completely trust reviews after the GTA4 10/10 garbage. There is no truly perfect game as there will always be things that can be improved.

."But I do remember a heated debate on what is AAA and It as to be 90 or above wit Metacritic as the credible source"

There was a thread about this...Carl and i both Posted in it...Just seeing if he remembers...

I also remember a thread on this. Someone told me DQ8 is not a AAA title because it's only 89% on Metacritics.

My point exactly.....I'm not agreeing with the thread about which we speak of...I was in there posting that Fable 2 was AAA and got shot down due to it's under 90 score

I think most people remember Fable 2 as being under 90 because this whole "above 90 on meta" thing was basically started by Starcraft, and Fable 2 was his baby.  So Fable 2 being at 89 is some kind of celestial payback for him making up the rule in the first place. 

Alas, I wish I could claim credit for creating the rule, but I am merely a follower.

Ultimately though, Metacritic is the nearest thing we have to an objective quality measure.  I fully concede that in order to apply that to any argument, I have to concede, and do, that Fable 2 is not AAA in quality terms.  But contrary to what mean believe I am implying that doesn not mean for a moment it is a poor game.  On the contrary I feel it is one of the best games I have played this generation.  At 87 on Metacritic, Infamous is no doubt very good.  It appears to be getting shot down for one of the two main things Fable 2 did: repetition.

Fable 2's other main complaint was not meeting Peter Molyneux's promises, but I'll leave the whole argument that that resulted in the game's score being artificially lowered past the AAA mark for another day. ;)

True true, you didn't start the rule, but you did have a major hand in its being popularized on these forums because of your sig if I remember correctly. 

PS3beats360 said:
85 to 90 is a great review range indicates the game is top quality. AAA in my books is a game receiving review averages above 85% and above. So Infamous is a AAA game.

Though your the most unlikely candidate...I'm glad you agree with me that Fable 2 is a AAA game.....

Around the Network

Metacritic just added a random Swedish blog with a 70, and an incredibly obscure Italian site with a 75.

Overall has dropped to 86.

MR on N4G has it overall at 88.

Metacritic disgusts me to be honest. The amount of bullshit reviews they seem to slide in the ps3 exclusives titles is just absurd.

86 is a extremely good score. I will be picking this game up when I get the money.

BxN said:
Metacritic disgusts me to be honest. The amount of bullshit reviews they seem to slide in the ps3 exclusives titles is just absurd.

It happens for all games, get over it.

slowmo said:
BxN said:

It happens for all games, get over it.

Which is why they should be more credible about adding reviews there. Clearly InFamous is a great game and to post a review giving it a 6/10 because it was not on the reviewers favorite system is just plain messed up.