By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Killzone 2 drop below 90% on meta?

No. I've won this bet. I know it, you know it, Ronster knows it, Makingmusic knows it and Starcraft knows it.

*High fives MM*

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
No. I've won this bet. I know it, you know it, Ronster knows it, Makingmusic knows it and Starcraft knows it.

*High fives MM*

lol funny thing was he was so adamant about it too. he was so sure the game would be below 80% then you said "wanna bet" sure enough he was quick to change his mind and pad his number to 85% then you were like "ok anything above 85% i win" then right away he made sure to have more cushion and give himself a tie area. i think he was trolling and you called him out forcing him to back his claims up

MontanaHatchet said:
I've been wondering for the longest time why people use Metacritic instead of Gamerankings anyways. Why? WHY?!!!

I prefer the interface and general look Metacritic. ^^

Heh. I just tried to go to Gamerankings to remember what my problem with it was, but got the following error:

GameRankings is down, but not out. In the mean time, please check out our sister site, Metacritic.com, for aggregated game reviews. Thanks for your patience. We hope to be back up soon. If your browser doesn’t automatically go there within a few seconds, please click here to visit Metacritic.com.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Last time I checked Gameranking had Killzone 2 at 9.1, can't remember how many reviews but it was on the edge there.

i lol'd, who cares about reviews. Many video game critics dont know how to write and seem to be very bias towards certain games and consoles.

if you like a game then try it, dont let anyone else tell you what to believe. Take their opinon of course, but make your own first.

Doubt it.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Why the hell did it even go below 100? The game is perfect in terms of a shooter.

metacritic is bollox, i see no reason why ppl use it to show 1 game being better than another.

if some cruddy reviews come in its obvious killzone 2 will drop below 90, but lol it would have been the same game as when it was 94. some ppl dont realise that.

another thing meta doesnt count all reviews in. vg has it at 92.2 with 70+ reviews meta still has only 60

and ng4 has it at 92 with 120 reviews.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Parasitic said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I'd still get it eventually, the demo turned me off cause of the control layout, but I'm waiting till the final game to see if there's other layouts then those 6 presets.

I really think that demo has done more harm than good. Seriously. People had high expectations of this game, but that demo....it's just wasn't good. Of course we could all agree that the graphics were great, but in the long run that's not what's gonna attract the people.

My friend was quick to jump on the controls. As for the gameplay itself, I personally felt there was nothing jaw-dropping about it. Nothing truly amazing happened. It was also pretty easy to spot many minor flaws. Then the Warehouse area starts, and things just get so damn dull. Typical situation - AI tries to take cover behind explosives barrels, they blow up easy. Anyone that's played a good amount of FPS's has probably seen this soooooo many times now. As for the war setting, I've seen other games do it much better. I didn't get that sense of being in a large-scale war.

The demo definitely didn't help me convince my friend to buy KZ2.

People will play the demo and assume the full game won't be too much better. The controls bothered tons and tons of people, and hardly any of them know that they're actually faster and more responsive in MP. People have to remember that most people almost never visit gaming websites, especially forums. There should've been a message in the demo stating that. Something as minor as controls could easily be enough to push away the casuals, and in KZ2's case, even the hardcore.

If you ask me......the demo shouldn't have been released.

So everyrtime you look for a game that you want to buy you get one that has something 'jaw-dropping' or one that is 'truly amazing'? Why is that everyone and every review that criticises KillZone 2 complains about the lack of something 'truly amazing' and 'completely fresh' and then docks it a rating (7/10) that only a mediocre game would get?

Was there something genre-defining about Gears 2? I didn't hear guys like you complain then.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

blazinhead89 said:
Duplicate thread . And I know I Love the gameplay from the demo , So it wouldn't matter, 89 or 90 , it's still the same game

but it's the difference between a AAA game or not.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
blazinhead89 said:
Duplicate thread . And I know I Love the gameplay from the demo , So it wouldn't matter, 89 or 90 , it's still the same game

but it's the difference between a AAA game or not.

Heh that's one attitude I wished would change, I believe Benga said it best when AAA usually means a game is hyped beyond belief, is hugely anticipated, and meta scores have nothing to do with that other then trying to justify the hype. 

Personally a AAA game is something that in 10 years from now you're like "I want to play that again it was amazing" and the game just holds up as a staple of the industry, much like Okami, many of the Zelda titles, Viewtiful Joe, PoP Sands of Time, etc.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000