By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Killzone 2 drop below 90% on meta?

Honestly, I don't care. I'm just waiting for one more review (from gamekult.com).

Around the Network

Duplicate thread . And I know I Love the gameplay from the demo , So it wouldn't matter, 89 or 90 , it's still the same game

honestly yes it could. Would it change my opinion of the game. Absolutely Not

My favorite games (the monster hunter series) get bashed around review wise, and after the beta, Killzone is my absolute favorite FPS for multiplayer.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

perpride said:
I think that it really depends on which reviews metacritic uses towards its aggregate score. In the review thread that Spartan has on the forums, the game is sitting comfortably at 93 after 100+ reviews.

I don't really take meta seriousley, but it will be extremely funny to see the fuss that fanboys will pull if the very first PS3 exclusive FPS to get AAA on meta drops below 90!

Don't you mean Zexen's thread?

Proper credit must be given for all that work.

--------

Honestly, why does it even matter for games once they've had all the big named reviewers score them? People take stuff like metacritic way too seriously.

"Oh my god!!!! It went down a percent after the 120th review! Interest in this game = OVER!!!!"

lmao!!! I didnt know metacritic counts scores from one of our sites! (Absolute Games) Surprising. Although that site is huge.

Around the Network

I figured it would be 85-90...

Everyone has to put this in perspective. This still makes it a very solid game. Unchartered was just below 90... Just because it may not get "one of the greatest games of all time" status. It will still go down as a good game.

To put a little more perspective on this as far as FPS games on PS3, Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock are rated higher, and dropping to 89 would put it equal to Half-life 2 the orange box.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
To put a little more perspective on this as far as FPS games on PS3, Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock are rated higher, and dropping to 89 would put it equal to Half-life 2 the orange box.

Which does not mean it's as good or even better than Half Life 2.

Barozi said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Which does not mean it's as good or even better than Half Life 2.

Half Life 2 on the PS3 is up in the air to me, as far as the PC game?  Far from topping that.  Team Fortress on PS3 has a lot of lag issues, Portal could stand to have a bit quicker controls, and Half Life 2 itself had a lot of bugs when it released.  Killzone 2 could have a very solid online, stable singleplayer, and be a bit creative, to me I have to play KZ2 before I personally can pass judgement.

The whole idea of the thread for me is to give a little perspective, maybe meta isn't so important :P and to not bash the reviews and reviewers that have issues with said game, cause people are entitled to point out things that are obvious to them though might not be an issue for some buyers, some reviewers just want to put a perspective on some games, as like Absolute games is talking to the people that really want something new from their FPS.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

who cares as longs it sells i will be happy