By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Killzone 2 drop below 90% on meta?

on funny thing about the last score .

that website is not even metacritics approved(absolute games):

Games

1Up
2404.org
360 Gamer Magazine UK*
3DJuegos
Ace Gamez
ActionTrip
Adventure Gamers
Armchair Empire
Atomic Gamer
BigPond GameArena
Boomtown
Cheat Code Central
Computer Games Online RO
Computer & Video Games
Console Gameworld
Console Monster
Cubed3
Cynamite
Daily Game
Darkstation
Dark Zero
Deeko
Destructoid
D+PAD Magazine
Edge Magazine*
Electronic Gaming Monthly*
Extreme Gamer
EuroGamer
Eurogamer Portugal
Firing Squad
GameBoyz
G4 TV
Game Chronicles
GameDaily
GameFocus
Game Informer*
Game Over Online
Game Revolution
GameCritics
Gameplanet
Gameplayer
Game Positive
GamePro
Gamer 2.0
Gamer.nl
GamerNode
Gamer's Hell
Gamers Europe
Gamers' Temple
Gamervision
Games Master UK*
GameShark
GameSpot
GameSpy
GameStar
GamesRadar
GamesTM*
GameTrailers
GameZone
Gaming Age
Gaming Excellence
Gaming Nexus
Gaming Target
Gaming Trend
GamingXP
Giant Bomb
HellBored
IC-Games
IGN
InsideGamer.nl
Just Adventure
Just RPG
Kikizo
Kombo
LEVEL (Czech Republic)*
Level7.nu
MEGamers
Meristation
Modojo
MS Xbox World
My Gamer
netjak
N-Europe
NGamer Magazine UK*
Nintendo Power*
Nintendojo
NintendoWorldReport
n-Revolution Magazine UK*
NTSC-uk
NZGamer
Official Nintendo Magazine UK*
Official Xbox 360 Magazine UK*
Official Xbox Magazine*
The Onion (A.V. Club)
PALGN
PC Format
PC Gamer*
PC Gamer UK*
PC Games (Germany)
PC Gameworld
PC PowerPlay
PC Zone UK*
Pelit*
PGNx Media
Planet Xbox 360
Playstation: Official Magazine US*
Playstation: Official Magazine UK*
Playstation Official Magazine AU*
Play (Poland)*
Play UK*
Pocket Gamer UK
PS3bloggen.se
PSM3 Magazine UK*
PSX Extreme
PSW Magazine UK*
PTGamers
RPG Fan
TheSixthAxis
Talk Xbox
Team Xbox
Teletext GameCentral
Thunderbolt
Totally360
Total Videogames
TotalPlaystation
Variety
VideoGamer
Video Game Talk
Wii Brasil
The Wiire
WiiWare World
Wired
WonderwallWeb
Worth Playing
X360 Magazine UK*
XboxAddict
Xbox World 360 Magazine UK*
Xbox World Australia
Yahoo! Games
YouGamers
ZTGameDomain
Zentendo

Also killzone 2 has 9.3/10 from 180 reviews:

http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-24194/tt/metareviews.aspx

but knowing you ,it doesn't surprise me that you created this thread.

the only ones left that can review it bad are variety(AKA MS) and A.V onion club.

Around the Network

i was going to buy two copies, now if it falls to 89, it's just one copy for me brother.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

nope it will not

that's what you want, am i right ?????

assuming its at 91.5 (the lowest it can be at 92) the game would need 7 70s (the lowest score its recieved) in a row to drop under 90. considering it only has 2 70s i think thats unlikely

psrock said:
i was going to buy two copies, now if it falls to 89, it's just one copy for me brother.

LOL, if you're excited for the game there's no reason not to buy it, but part of the reason I made this thread is for the people that cite Meta on everything shouldn't take it so seriously, people cite it to try to give some proof that the other consoles are doing bad, some cite it as proof that their hype is just without even playing the game itself, now if Meta drops the game below 90% you see many start talking about N4G, like it's the holy grail cause it represents their view more. 

Just showing a bit that meta isn't much solid proof just a general guideline like all reviews are, it's a nice tool that is abused by others as some sort of fact.  If it stays above 90% or drops below it won't change my position that I have to play more then the demo to pass judgement, and that's something a lot more people should look into.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I would be lying if I said it would, anything could happen but it has a long way to go before it hits 89. Already 50+ reviews in and at that score, it will take a few sub par scores to put the score below 90%.

it very well could but in the end who cares!!! reviews are broken and anybody who really cares about them probably need to get slapped

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I think Metacritic tends to push games in one way or another. For the longest time L4D and Portal were at an 89 and then one day randomly added a review and bumped it up to 90.

The reviews that don't have a number score and just have a letter or writing are the most dangerous. Metacritic writes down wrong numbers a lot.

For example. http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/xbox360/halo-wars

GR gave it a "B" which is a 80-89 percent. MC has it as a 75. That's cutting Halo Wars at least 5 points off. I'm sure this isn't the only game that has been jipped but still.

A+ = 95-100

A= 90-94

A- = 85-89

B+ = 80-84

B = 75-79

On topic: I don't really care about metacritic, hence me talking off topic first

RPG said:
I would be lying if I said it would, anything could happen but it has a long way to go before it hits 89. Already 50+ reviews in and at that score, it will take a few sub par scores to put the score below 90%.

the score was 93 on the 50th review. so worst case it was 92.5. the 51st review wasnt below 90 but lowered the score to 92. worst case the review was 90 and lowered the score to 92.45. in the last 8 reviews only 2 of them were below 90. a 70 and a 80. worst case scenerio the other 6 reviews were 90's. that would put the game at 91.61 at the lowest. it would take 2 0's to lower the score under 90.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

I'd still get it eventually, the demo turned me off cause of the control layout, but I'm waiting till the final game to see if there's other layouts then those 6 presets.

I really think that demo has done more harm than good. Seriously. People had high expectations of this game, but that demo....it's just wasn't good. Of course we could all agree that the graphics were great, but in the long run that's not what's gonna attract the people.

My friend was quick to jump on the controls. As for the gameplay itself, I personally felt there was nothing jaw-dropping about it. Nothing truly amazing happened. It was also pretty easy to spot many minor flaws. Then the Warehouse area starts, and things just get so damn dull. Typical situation - AI tries to take cover behind explosives barrels, they blow up easy. Anyone that's played a good amount of FPS's has probably seen this soooooo many times now. As for the war setting, I've seen other games do it much better. I didn't get that sense of being in a large-scale war.

The demo definitely didn't help me convince my friend to buy KZ2.

People will play the demo and assume the full game won't be too much better. The controls bothered tons and tons of people, and hardly any of them know that they're actually faster and more responsive in MP. People have to remember that most people almost never visit gaming websites, especially forums. There should've been a message in the demo stating that. Something as minor as controls could easily be enough to push away the casuals, and in KZ2's case, even the hardcore.

If you ask me......the demo shouldn't have been released.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link