By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Killzone 2 drop below 90% on meta?

Today yet another 70 score was posted on metacritic for Killzone 2 from Absolute games.  Since a good number of reviews come out post release day or a few days prior, there will be more reviews on the way. 

Like it or not typically post release day reviews are generally lower then initial reviews of games, Killzone 2 is at 59 reviews on meta at the moment, in contrast LBP has 80+ and similar anticipated consoles FPS' like Halo 2 and 3 have 90+ and 80+ reviews respectfully.

A lot of people love to cite Meta when talking about this game but if it drops below 90% will it effect the impact of using meta score in an argument?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

As I cited in the OP here's the Meta quote for Absolute games review:

70 - Absolute Games
Zero - that's how many fresh ideas Killzone 2 brings to the table. Had it been released alongside Soldier of Fortune or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, it would have made a big fuss. Today, after Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode Two, its gameplay looks weak. Very few enemy variations, cliched situations repeat over and over again, and there is not enough story to fill a Saturday morning cartoon.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Well, on Gamestats, Killzone 2 has a 9.4 average from 78 reviews, on N4G.com it has a 9.3 from 179 reviews. Compared to the 92 from 59 reviews on Metacritic

i think that it has a chance of it but i wouldnt be to worried about it r u not going to get it if it falls under ninety?
and i think that halo got a 60

Last time I checked Gameranking had Killzone 2 at 9.1, can't remember how many reviews but it was on the edge there.

Around the Network

Unlikely.

dsister44 said:
i think that it has a chance of it but i wouldnt be to worried about it r u not going to get it if it falls under ninety?
and i think that halo got a 60

I'd still get it eventually, the demo turned me off cause of the control layout, but I'm waiting till the final game to see if there's other layouts then those 6 presets.

I think that it really depends on which reviews metacritic uses towards its aggregate score. In the review thread that Spartan has on the forums, the game is sitting comfortably at 93 after 100+ reviews.

I don't really take meta seriousley, but it will be extremely funny to see the fuss that fanboys will pull if the very first PS3 exclusive FPS to get AAA on meta drops below 90!

I think Metacritic tends to push games in one way or another. For the longest time L4D and Portal were at an 89 and then one day randomly added a review and bumped it up to 90.

The reviews that don't have a number score and just have a letter or writing are the most dangerous. Metacritic writes down wrong numbers a lot.

For example. http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/xbox360/halo-wars

GR gave it a "B" which is a 80-89 percent. MC has it as a 75. That's cutting Halo Wars at least 5 points off. I'm sure this isn't the only game that has been jipped but still.

it has absolutes review and still has a 92% so far