By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Killzone 2 drop below 90% on meta?

Mummelmann said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
As I cited in the OP here's the Meta quote for Absolute games review:

70 - Absolute Games
Zero - that's how many fresh ideas Killzone 2 brings to the table. Had it been released alongside Soldier of Fortune or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, it would have made a big fuss. Today, after Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode Two, its gameplay looks weak. Very few enemy variations, cliched situations repeat over and over again, and there is not enough story to fill a Saturday morning cartoon.

Have they played Call of Duty 4? It certainly suffers from the same faults... (Yes, I loved it).

I think CoD4 was cited as more of a reference to gameplay changes, you have the aim assist that makes it not so easy and cheap to zig zag on console FPS, but unlike lock on it doesn't do the work for you, then you have the weapon and leveling system, nothing new but the weapons are pretty cool and there's a good bit of them, then you have it where once you reach the cap you can start again for more rep basically and unlocking a few things.

CoD4 helped revolutionize in a well built FPS for a console and working within the limitations of consoles, like the inability to shoot precisely, to make little adjustments to keep on someone you're fighting, etc.

But that's my take on the inclusion of CoD4.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
JRPG said:
It would be funny if it does drop below 90% A nice big 89% would shut up some of these fanboys.

:D

more than worrying about the  fanboys,you need some math class my friend

A 70% would be even funnier.

People are too anally rententive about review scores.

Games getting 70 odd can be more fun then ones over 90 (3x3 nhl arcade is great fun against a mate).

Think people who watch movies cry so much when a movie they want to see gets a bad review?

edit - its kind of intensity that has stopped games from losing its kiddy status competely

JRPG said:
SpartanFX said:
JRPG said:
It would be funny if it does drop below 90% A nice big 89% would shut up some of these fanboys.

:D

more than worrying about the  fanboys,you need some math class my friend

A 70% would be even funnier.

But is basically impossible... unless every critic listed on meta did a review and rated it 0 to push down the overall score until it was at the 70 mark.

It's highly unlikely that it will go below 90% but there is that possibility which is why I made the thread, not for "teh lulz", not to put down KZ2, but to show if you're really looking forward to this game, it doesn't need 90% average to still be amazing in your eyes, for me it won't matter what Meta gives it until I play it myself, thats just the way I am.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

saicho said:
blazinhead89 said:
Duplicate thread . And I know I Love the gameplay from the demo , So it wouldn't matter, 89 or 90 , it's still the same game

but it's the difference between a AAA game or not.

but GRAW 1 is rated higher than GRAW 2..............graw2 is superiour to graw 1 in every way

graw 1 is so called AAA on meta, and graw 2 isnt AAA?

^so which is the better game?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
saicho said:
blazinhead89 said:
Duplicate thread . And I know I Love the gameplay from the demo , So it wouldn't matter, 89 or 90 , it's still the same game

but GRAW 1 is rated higher than GRAW 2..............graw2 is superiour to graw 1 in every way

GRAW received the highest score on Gametrailers, so it must be better than the sequel

Barozi said:
Skeeuk said:
saicho said:
blazinhead89 said:

GRAW received the highest score on Gametrailers, so it must be better than the sequel

Indeed reviews are the final word on which is better ;)

MaxwellGT2000 said:
saicho said:
blazinhead89 said:

Heh that's one attitude I wished would change, I believe Benga said it best when AAA usually means a game is hyped beyond belief, is hugely anticipated, and meta scores have nothing to do with that other then trying to justify the hype. 

Personally a AAA game is something that in 10 years from now you're like "I want to play that again it was amazing" and the game just holds up as a staple of the industry, much like Okami, many of the Zelda titles, Viewtiful Joe, PoP Sands of Time, etc.

I wish you were around when we got a threadfull of flamefest because some guys were sooo happy fable2 metascored below 90.

And Sands of Time was amazing. Elevator fight included.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

MontanaHatchet said:
I've been wondering for the longest time why people use Metacritic instead of Gamerankings anyways. Why? WHY?!!!

I agree.

And why do we care if the meta rating falls below 90?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't think it will happen. Even if it did I don't think it will create a difference in sales considering a large majority have already made up their mind and pre-ordered the game and many people dont really give a damn if a score is 89 or 90. I think the reception of the games audience will determine the games success. Much like how Fable 2 didn't rate above 90, but has sold well.