By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

Griffin said:
I play the game using the cover, i have no problems with that. I have no problems getting headshots or getting on target.

The problem i have are the controls are too loose with the right stick. When i move the stick i feel like i have very little control over the gun. Which is not what they were trying to do with the game, they wanted to give you a weighty feel and make you play slow and control like a soldier. I don't get this at all.

The two recent shooters i played were BF: Bad Company and Far Cry2, each game gave the character weight and slower controls to show this weight. Each game worked to a degree to accomplish this. I don't get any of this in the KZ2 demo.

And trust me i have tried to love this game, i have played every style and aim setting there is and still no go. To beating the demo in 4mins with a knife to playing far back and going for headshots.

Far Cry 2 took the whole thing too far. It was impossible to aim, seriously.

Try turning down the aim sensitivity.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Griffin said:
I play the game using the cover, i have no problems with that. I have no problems getting headshots or getting on target.

The problem i have are the controls are too loose with the right stick. When i move the stick i feel like i have very little control over the gun. Which is not what they were trying to do with the game, they wanted to give you a weighty feel and make you play slow and control like a soldier. I don't get this at all.

Almost the exact opposite of my problem. I'm a headshot-psychotic and I have far too much trouble aiming with its system to get any clear headshots. And cover never worked for me, I'm surprised it works for you. Although I do feel like me and my gun don't agree with each other on where to aim sometimes, I don't exactly understand what you mean.

Its kinda hard to descibe it without showing it.  Each game has the right stick move a certain amount to control how the gun aims on screen, certain games use more of the stick then others to accomplish this goal.  In KZ2 i found the sticks movement in relation to the gun too loose, so i could not make small aiming adjustments on the fly without the aiming messing up.  If i could move the stick more and have the aiming move less on screen it would be perfect, from what i remember this is the way it was done on CoD4 to perfection, and pretty decent in most shooters.

Kantor said:
Griffin said:

The two recent shooters i played were BF: Bad Company and Far Cry2, each game gave the character weight and slower controls to show this weight. Each game worked to a degree to accomplish this. I don't get any of this in the KZ2 demo.

And trust me i have tried to love this game, i have played every style and aim setting there is and still no go. To beating the demo in 4mins with a knife to playing far back and going for headshots.

Far Cry 2 took the whole thing too far. It was impossible to aim, seriously.

Try turning down the aim sensitivity.

I agree the aiming was messed up in Far Cry2, i came to the conclusion it was due to PC controls being ported to a console.  Most times i could aim decent when playing a slower game which was my style of play, sniper or go in with a silenced weapon.

My aiming i use in the KZ2 demo is one spot beolow default for the top one and two below average for the bottom one.  Now this was very odd for me, because i played CoD4 back in the day on max setting for months with no problems.

starbruin said:
I highly doubt anyone would be buying a ps3 solely to get killzone2. At least everyone around me that I know that's giving praise and urging me to get it already have a ps3 but I'm sure it will get a small bump to at least stop year over year sales decline. I'm not so certain it will pass the 360 for the week however and definitely not the wii.

If it wasn't for KZ2, I wouldn't have bought a PS3. I did buy it for other games also, but I'm still extremely dissapointed that the only PS3 exclusive that's gettin any use from me is MGS4 (R2 and LBP are collecting dust), and I haven't even played that in a while. If KZ2 doesn't give me at least a few weeks worth of gameplay, regrets about buying a PS3 will start kicking in.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Griffin said:
Shadowblind said:
Griffin said:

Almost the exact opposite of my problem. I'm a headshot-psychotic and I have far too much trouble aiming with its system to get any clear headshots. And cover never worked for me, I'm surprised it works for you. Although I do feel like me and my gun don't agree with each other on where to aim sometimes, I don't exactly understand what you mean.

Its kinda hard to descibe it without showing it.  Each game has the right stick move a certain amount to control how the gun aims on screen, certain games use more of the stick then others to accomplish this goal.  In KZ2 i found the sticks movement in relation to the gun too loose, so i could not make small aiming adjustments on the fly without the aiming messing up.  If i could move the stick more and have the aiming move less on screen it would be perfect, from what i remember this is the way it was done on CoD4 to perfection, and pretty decent in most shooters.

Oh, I(sort of) understand that. Its how I make pretty much all my headshots :/ I never stand still and shoot, I usually use my movement to aim with precision. TF2 taught me that. I don't know if thats what you mean, but thats what it sounds like.

P.S. The aiming in the PC version of Far Cry 2 felt prety normal. The weight was discernabel.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Griffin said:
Shadowblind said:
Griffin said:

Oh, I(sort of) understand that. Its how I make pretty much all my headshots :/ I never stand still and shoot, I usually use my movement to aim with precision. TF2 taught me that. I don't know if thats what you mean, but thats what it sounds like.

P.S. The aiming in the PC version of Far Cry 2 felt prety normal. The weight was discernabel.

In most games its very common to use the left stick as part of the aiming, but from cover or from crouched positions this becomes impossible.  I just went and played around with the demo again, and while using the ironsights it seems the full stick does not come into play, and the sticks fastest movemnt comes into play well before the stick reaches the end of its movement.

The stick should have a constant speed or a very close contstant speed throughout the entire movement.  in KZ2 the sticks faster speeds come into play well before they should, and this casues all the problems. 

Parasitic said:
starbruin said:
I highly doubt anyone would be buying a ps3 solely to get killzone2. At least everyone around me that I know that's giving praise and urging me to get it already have a ps3 but I'm sure it will get a small bump to at least stop year over year sales decline. I'm not so certain it will pass the 360 for the week however and definitely not the wii.

If it wasn't for KZ2, I wouldn't have bought a PS3. I did buy it for other games also, but I'm still extremely dissapointed that the only PS3 exclusive that's gettin any use from me is MGS4 (R2 and LBP are collecting dust), and I haven't even played that in a while. If KZ2 doesn't give me at least a few weeks worth of gameplay, regrets about buying a PS3 will start kicking in.

Man, I'd never, ever buy a console for one game - especially one that hasn't come out yet. My rule of thumb is at least 5 current games I would buy.

Tell me this is a joke post. If not ... wow ... just, wow.

madskillz said:
Parasitic said:
starbruin said:

If it wasn't for KZ2, I wouldn't have bought a PS3. I did buy it for other games also, but I'm still extremely dissapointed that the only PS3 exclusive that's gettin any use from me is MGS4 (R2 and LBP are collecting dust), and I haven't even played that in a while. If KZ2 doesn't give me at least a few weeks worth of gameplay, regrets about buying a PS3 will start kicking in.

Man, I'd never, ever buy a console for one game - especially one that hasn't come out yet. My rule of thumb is at least 5 current games I would buy.

Tell me this is a joke post. If not ... wow ... just, wow.

Well that wasn't the only reason I ended up goin with a PS3, but it was the main one yeah. I did buy it for other exclusives, but ended up not liking any of them. I also planned on buying Motorstorm 2, till I downloaded the Grid demo and chose that instead. Halo 3 was the main reason I was thinkin about a 360 - I haven't played it, but based on what I've seen/read, it looks like it has some sick-quality multiplayer. Still though, I'm still abit dissatisfied with this gen's current games....feels like there's too much obssession with graphics, especially when it comes to PS3 exclusives.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

It wont be FFXIII or GT5... but lets face it, it will move a couple of units. The FPS genre is pretty big and KZ2 is getting some mighty impressive reviews, so yeah, it will push some systems ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Expecting miracles from a single game is overoptimistic. If we see sales charts and consoles history, we see that certainly Halo is an XBox mover, but in the case of Halo 3 what we see is that it boosted XB360 sales, but partially at the expenses of Xmas sales, that were simply anticipated, and that Xmas, just after Halo 3, PS3 sales started a 9 months domination over XB360.
So KZ2 won't do miracles, what it can do are less glamorous and supernatural things, but important nevertheless:
1) it's one important game more, so it helps building strenght together with other games
2) it helps curing PS3's "FPS inferiority complex" compared to PC and XB360
3) it makes a lot of PS3 fans happy
4) it can help supporting sales and allow Sony to delay a necessary price cut, reducing losses on HW, as costs drop as time goes by.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!