By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

Kantor said:
alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:
Griffin said:
Why would anyone buy the PS3 for KZ2, edge got it right with its 7/10.

I'm sorry, have you played the full game? Stop whining about the aiming, honestly! Go play CoD4 if you need auto aim to shoot something.

Well many of us have played this game for years. The only difference is that it has pretty graphics now.

Then you should be used to it!

And how many FPS games have a cover system? I can only think of KZ2 and Rainbow Six Vegas, which sucked.

I think what he is saying - it's a good-looking shooter, but doesn't offer anything extra that other shooters out here offer. The demo is enough to sell most folks on it - but others are like 'I'll wait and see.' And he is correct - most folks WON'T buy a PS3 for KZ2.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

And how many FPS games have a cover system? I can only think of KZ2 and Rainbow Six Vegas, which sucked.

I only used the cover system a couple of times on the demo. Anyway Killzone 2 is a very refined FPS but that's all, it's not a "OMG, Teh greatest game of all time" and honestly I can see a lot of backlash for this game after a couple of months (something like GTA IV) I own a PS3, but if I didn't have one I probably won't buy it just for Killzone 2 (I'm not going to buy it anyway)

Shadowblind said:
Kantor said:
alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:
Griffin said:

I'm sorry, have you played the full game? Stop whining about the aiming, honestly! Go play CoD4 if you need auto aim to shoot something.

Well many of us have played this game for years. The only difference is that it has pretty graphics now.

Your kidding me.

Based on the demo, R6V cover system >>> Killzone 2 cover system. And they were different, as R6V goes into third person, while in Killzone 2, "in cover" means having half you body seemingly exposed.

I don't think anybodys gonna use it, as the game plays fine without it. Its almost just in there to be in there. theres a lot of other merits you can use for Killzone 2, the cover system isn't one of them.

No, no, the cover system didn't suck, the game on the whole sucked.

I don't think anybody can get through the game without using cover, personally. It's not a run and gun game. I know. I've tried. And that was the first eight minutes of a ten hour game.

@madskillz: I agree with what he says, just not why he says it. Killzone 2 won't move consoles because it does not have a large fanbase, and because it's not revolutionary.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:

I only used the cover system a couple of times on the demo. Anyway Killzone 2 is a very refined FPS but that's all, it's not a "OMG, Teh greatest game of all time" and honestly I can see a lot of backlash for this game after a couple of months (something like GTA IV) I own a PS3, but if I didn't have one I probably won't buy it just for Killzone 2 (I'm not going to buy it anyway)

It's not "teh greatest game of all time", nobody except the 360 fanboys is saying this, so they can claim PS3 fanboys said it, and call it a flop.

And this game will have nowhere near the backlash of GTA4.

And if it's a refined CoD4, why not buy it? Who doesn't like CoD4?

Kantor said:
alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:

Me

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Shadowblind said:
Kantor said:
alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:
Griffin said:

Your kidding me.

Based on the demo, R6V cover system >>> Killzone 2 cover system. And they were different, as R6V goes into third person, while in Killzone 2, "in cover" means having half you body seemingly exposed.

I don't think anybodys gonna use it, as the game plays fine without it. Its almost just in there to be in there. theres a lot of other merits you can use for Killzone 2, the cover system isn't one of them.

No, no, the cover system didn't suck, the game on the whole sucked.

I don't think anybody can get through the game without using cover, personally. It's not a run and gun game. I know. I've tried. And that was the first eight minutes of a ten hour game.

@madskillz: I agree with what he says, just not why he says it. Killzone 2 won't move consoles because it does not have a large fanbase, and because it's not revolutionary.

You have to use cover of course, but not the cover system. Played the same as CoD 4; you NEED cover. But not the cover system. Every time I went in cover I still kept getting shot in KZ2, it was much easier to just move in and out of cover without using the the system to simply peek around corners. Plus you can't zoom in cover, and the aiming is broken enough as it is.

Lol, I gotta disagree with your statement about R6V. Its up with gears on my "amazingly fun online game" list. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:
alfredofroylan said:
Kantor said:

Me

What?

SOMEBODY CHECK HIS PULSE!

@Shadowblind:

You have to use cover of course, but not the cover system. Played the same as CoD 4; you NEED cover. But not the cover system. Every time I went in cover I still kept getting shot in KZ2, it was much easier to just move in and out of cover without using the the system to simply peek around corners. Plus you can't zoom in cover, and the aiming is broken enough as it is.

Lol, I gotta disagree with your statement about R6V. Its up with gears on my "amazingly fun online game" list.

I thought the cover system was much easier to use. I generally only use it for "chest high walls", because then I can peek over, zoom, shoot, unzoom, and snap back to cover. I just feel safer snapper to a wall than hiding behind it. The latter feels so...flimsy.

And I would say, imo, R6V is the worst FPS I have ever played. You can't see anything! The shooting is awful! It just feels so remarkably unpolished...

CoD4 spoils you

I play the game using the cover, i have no problems with that. I have no problems getting headshots or getting on target.

The problem i have are the controls are too loose with the right stick. When i move the stick i feel like i have very little control over the gun. Which is not what they were trying to do with the game, they wanted to give you a weighty feel and make you play slow and control like a soldier. I don't get this at all.

The two recent shooters i played were BF: Bad Company and Far Cry2, each game gave the character weight and slower controls to show this weight. Each game worked to a degree to accomplish this. I don't get any of this in the KZ2 demo.

And trust me i have tried to love this game, i have played every style and aim setting there is and still no go. To beating the demo in 4mins with a knife to playing far back and going for headshots.

Griffin said:
I play the game using the cover, i have no problems with that. I have no problems getting headshots or getting on target.

The problem i have are the controls are too loose with the right stick. When i move the stick i feel like i have very little control over the gun. Which is not what they were trying to do with the game, they wanted to give you a weighty feel and make you play slow and control like a soldier. I don't get this at all.

Almost the exact opposite of my problem. I'm a headshot-psychotic and I have far too much trouble aiming with its system to get any clear headshots. And cover never worked for me, I'm surprised it works for you. Although I do feel like me and my gun don't agree with each other on where to aim sometimes, I don't exactly understand what you mean.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Griffin said:

The two recent shooters i played were BF: Bad Company and Far Cry2, each game gave the character weight and slower controls to show this weight. Each game worked to a degree to accomplish this. I don't get any of this in the KZ2 demo.

And trust me i have tried to love this game, i have played every style and aim setting there is and still no go. To beating the demo in 4mins with a knife to playing far back and going for headshots.

I have both games and I wholly agree. KZ 2 may win me after we get the final version, but right now ... not so much.