By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

Heres a clip from Sonys Peter Dille, Sony’s SVP commenting on NPDresults.

“We’ve truly upped the ante this year with an unmatched software lineup ahead, kickstarting with the much anticipated and platform-moving title Killzone 2 later this month.

Full article here.

Around the Network

haha gotta love Sony

I think KILLZONE 2 has more potential than any other exclusive to move PS3's this year.(unless GT5 comes out this year.)

I don't know really if it will move a lot of consoles.

Lol. Like all those great system sellers before it, no doubt. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

After Bioshock, Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty World at War, Dead Space, The Orange Box, Resistance 1&2, Unreal Tournament 3, Far Cry 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 I think that most people who would be motivated to buy a PS3 for a shooter game would have already bought a PS3.

This is just fun. Sony amazes me w/ their constant barrage of futile hope.

I stopped listening after that "LIttleBigPlanet will be #1 game of the year even in Japan" quote.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

i hope so but maybe they need to drop the ps3 2 300 also at or a few weeks after KZ launches for it to move alot of HW just like the 360 did wen halo 3 came out

Play Me

Expecting Killzone 2 to move oodles of hardware isn't very smart. I am sure that Sony will see a bump of some kind, but if it's at all significant, I will be surprised. Most of those that are salivating over this game, already have systems. For it to move hardware, it would have to appeal to those who have been finding reasons NOT to buy a PS3 for the last two years. It just doesn't strike me as being a kind of game that will really draw outsiders into the PS3 fold. It will be great, I have no doubts about that. What I think the true benefit of KZ2 will be is adding another solid game into the PS3 library, and that is what is going to really move systems.