By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

SamuelRSmith said:
Funny, I thought it was a shooter.

Maybe it's like Ratchet and Clank, a platform-shooter hybrid.

OT: You have to admire their optimism, at least. And stranger things have happened.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Why is it so hard to believe that Killzone 2 could move some PS3's?

Its only been hyped for 4 years,And everyone has seen the infamous '05 trailer.
Im sure there are a few people willing to dive into Sony's console after its release.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
At a first glance to the title I misunderstood and I was thinking "Good Heavens, I already suck at jumping to fixed platforms, God knows to moving ones".
Yes, trailers I saw don't look a lot like platformers, but I was thinking about a spin-off... Maybe I should go sleeping

Ok, you stole my line.  I also read that line as Sony claiming that KZ2 would be platform moving in a LBP sort of way.  Of course, if Sony doesn't advertise and promote, and it doesn't do platform moving sales level, I would expect Sony to state they meant it in a LBP sort of way.

axumblade said:
Cypher1980 said:
Having just read the review in Edge I serously doubt it will be that influential.

The summing up went something like this.

KZ2 is memorable due to its Craft and Imagination.
Mainly because the first is sublime and the second non existent.

7/10

You are basing it off of the lowest review? Not saying you didn't get anything out of it but at the same time, it's not necessarily what all the sites that gave it a 9/10 think about Killzone 2.

Considering that a 5 out 5 review of Killzone 2 got bashed and flamed, are you sure a site giving a 9/10 for KZ2 is safe to use?

I guess only time will tell but i dont think it will move alot of ps3s maybe a few.

Around the Network

it will help move console, that it will. The more great exclusives on a console the more gamers will decide to buy the console.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

You do know that the term "platform-moving" could be interpreted in many ways. the first thing that came to my mind was "generate Buzz" for the platform not even sales.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

richardhutnik said:
axumblade said:
Cypher1980 said:
Having just read the review in Edge I serously doubt it will be that influential.

The summing up went something like this.

KZ2 is memorable due to its Craft and Imagination.
Mainly because the first is sublime and the second non existent.

7/10

You are basing it off of the lowest review? Not saying you didn't get anything out of it but at the same time, it's not necessarily what all the sites that gave it a 9/10 think about Killzone 2.

Considering that a 5 out 5 review of Killzone 2 got bashed and flamed, are you sure a site giving a 9/10 for KZ2 is safe to use?

Edge uses a different scale.

Edge 7 = IGN 8.5.

Still a little low, but they're unnecessarily strict. It's rather foolish to go with the opinion of one reviewer over the opinion of 80 others, imo.

Bear in mind that they gave Fallout 3 a 7 and Halo 3 a 10...they're not exactly the best reviewers.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i dont understand why sonys pr statements are always under a microscope. they are suppose to talk their console up whats it to you?

Think the thread title was misspelt, the real thread title is:

Killzone 2 will be a Platform Moving game prays Sony.

I think Killzone 2 will boost the PS3 above 360 (but not Wii) for a week, 2 weeks max and then it'll come back down to reality (which is that they need a price cut bad).