By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

It's the first great exclusive fps and it WILL move hardware

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

After Bioshock, Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty World at War, Dead Space, The Orange Box, Resistance 1&2, Unreal Tournament 3, Far Cry 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 I think that most people who would be motivated to buy a PS3 for a shooter game would have already bought a PS3.

just like how anyone who wanted to play fps on 360 already bought one for halo3 right?

I don't expect much of a HW boost at all..... and if KZ2 reaches 3.5M LTD, I will be truly shocked... Looks like SONY's been smoking some pretty freaky shit....

4 ≈ One

Funny, I thought it was a shooter.

It should help a little bit with hardware, but wont help move a large number of systems to non PS3 owners. If any game will help the PS3 this year I'm going to have to go with GoW 3. That in my mind looks to be the most promising for sony and if any game they should launch a massive marketing campaign around that game.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

After Bioshock, Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty World at War, Dead Space, The Orange Box, Resistance 1&2, Unreal Tournament 3, Far Cry 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 I think that most people who would be motivated to buy a PS3 for a shooter game would have already bought a PS3.

Killzone 2 is currently unrivaled in terms of graphical prowess, and this year I think we will begin seeing Sony widen the gap between the ps3 and 360 in terms of graphical power with KZ2 and GoD3 leading the barrage. People will buy this game and the system witgh it simply for the incredible graphics, now that it is becoming clear that the most cutting edge visuals are on Sony's platform.

Pricecut would move more units.

But what is wrong with what Sony said? I think KZ2 can be like MGS4 and move units;

It think it will, just nothing like MGS4

Where's the advertising? When Gears of War 1 rolled around I saw that Mad World ad on every channel I watched. When Halo 3 was this close to release, I was drinking Master Chief Dew. Hell, even Lost Odyssey reminded me of how much I liked that White Rabbit song.

I can't remember any ads from Sony that really built the hype up or being particularly memorable. KZ2 can be a system seller, but it won't be anything more than a good selling shooter without ads.

At a first glance to the title I misunderstood and I was thinking "Good Heavens, I already suck at jumping to fixed platforms, God knows to moving ones".
Yes, trailers I saw don't look a lot like platformers, but I was thinking about a spin-off... Maybe I should go sleeping

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!