By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

Without a price drop then this would just be a myth.

Around the Network

Let's just hope Sony will play some serious catch up regardless the launch of Killzone 2, because stiff competition always pays off for gamers.

"Please, Killzone, move some consoles! Please, Killzone, move some consoles!" - is this what Sony desperately "claims" for?

apparently Sony knows nothing

Well, part of the problem is the mentality that Sony has around this game. It's a mentality that dates back to Halo. The original KZ was made because of Halo. At the time when Halo came out, it was a unique experience on consoles because it worked so well. People wanted to be a part of that and it sold droves of consoles and Sony wanted a part of that too (oops).

Now the market is saturated with FPS games and a lot of them are really good. To move a lot of hardware, an fps would have to truly do something different, which despite fanboy rhetoric, KZ2 does not. Sony is several years late to the party on this one.

I'm convinced that no FPS will ever be a huge system seller ever again unless it is truly revolutionary.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Shadowblind said:
Griffin said:
Shadowblind said:
Griffin said:
I play the game using the cover, i have no problems with that. I have no problems getting headshots or getting on target.

The problem i have are the controls are too loose with the right stick. When i move the stick i feel like i have very little control over the gun. Which is not what they were trying to do with the game, they wanted to give you a weighty feel and make you play slow and control like a soldier. I don't get this at all.

Almost the exact opposite of my problem. I'm a headshot-psychotic and I have far too much trouble aiming with its system to get any clear headshots. And cover never worked for me, I'm surprised it works for you. Although I do feel like me and my gun don't agree with each other on where to aim sometimes, I don't exactly understand what you mean.

Its kinda hard to descibe it without showing it.  Each game has the right stick move a certain amount to control how the gun aims on screen, certain games use more of the stick then others to accomplish this goal.  In KZ2 i found the sticks movement in relation to the gun too loose, so i could not make small aiming adjustments on the fly without the aiming messing up.  If i could move the stick more and have the aiming move less on screen it would be perfect, from what i remember this is the way it was done on CoD4 to perfection, and pretty decent in most shooters.

Oh, I(sort of) understand that. Its how I make pretty much all my headshots :/ I never stand still and shoot, I usually use my movement to aim with precision. TF2 taught me that. I don't know if thats what you mean, but thats what it sounds like.

P.S. The aiming in the PC version of Far Cry 2 felt prety normal. The weight was discernabel.

In most games its very common to use the left stick as part of the aiming, but from cover or from crouched positions this becomes impossible.  I just went and played around with the demo again, and while using the ironsights it seems the full stick does not come into play, and the sticks fastest movemnt comes into play well before the stick reaches the end of its movement.

The stick should have a constant speed or a very close contstant speed throughout the entire movement.  in KZ2 the sticks faster speeds come into play well before they should, and this casues all the problems. 

Are you telling me the aiming is like the original Resistance? Goes from very slow movement to too fast movement very abruptly rather than a steady increase in speed the more you move the stick?

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

Parasitic said:
starbruin said:
I highly doubt anyone would be buying a ps3 solely to get killzone2. At least everyone around me that I know that's giving praise and urging me to get it already have a ps3 but I'm sure it will get a small bump to at least stop year over year sales decline. I'm not so certain it will pass the 360 for the week however and definitely not the wii.

If it wasn't for KZ2, I wouldn't have bought a PS3. I did buy it for other games also, but I'm still extremely dissapointed that the only PS3 exclusive that's gettin any use from me is MGS4 (R2 and LBP are collecting dust), and I haven't even played that in a while. If KZ2 doesn't give me at least a few weeks worth of gameplay, regrets about buying a PS3 will start kicking in.

Well I hope it turns out good enough. I can admit that I was holding out to buy a HD console until FFXIII came out but I bought it due to a nice deal that came with socom, which is what I play the most right now. I think the only game that alone would have made me buy a console had to be Steel Battalion I just didn't have the money to get both at the time :( I will most likely wait to play the demo before I buy killzone2 although the friend that plays with me socom is getting it day one and has ever offered to put in $20 towards the cost so I can play with him so its very tempting to take

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

axumblade said:
reask said:
Remember halo wars is coming out same day.

.....in europe and japan. US's release date is at the beginning of March still...

Yes but is it pure coincidence or are MS trying to rain on Sonys parade?

I suspect the latter.

A lot of folks will pick Halo up because of brand name imo.

And MS will probably hype the hell out of it.

Here we go again..... This is going to be fun

I hope So.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller