By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 will Be a Platform Moving Game Claims Sony

damkira said:
reask said:

Hmm I actually hope you are wrong as if Sony gave up competition would be dead.

Oh, I agree with you... I don't want the PS3 to fail at all but can't see any scenerio with KillZone 2 not doing very well and PS3 remaining a viable platform.

Ah no still another stellar game going on to the console which will benifet long term imo.

Around the Network
dhummel said:
haxxiy said:
Cypher1980 said:
axumblade said:
Cypher1980 said:
Having just read the review in Edge I serously doubt it will be that influential.

The summing up went something like this.

KZ2 is memorable due to its Craft and Imagination.
Mainly because the first is sublime and the second non existent.

7/10

You are basing it off of the lowest review? Not saying you didn't get anything out of it but at the same time, it's not necessarily what all the sites that gave it a 9/10 think about Killzone 2.

Well Yes and No. I tend to trust Edge as 99 percent of the time they reflect my opinion as a gamer.

They are tough markers and the thing they seem to hate most is games that just regurgitate what has been produced before. That is IMHO why they only gave KZ2 a 7/10.

Other comments where that the games story stinks. In the Single Player mode its move from one generic firefight to a check point then rinse and repeat.

It may be a graphical powerhouse but I doubt many people will want to rush out and buy a Halo meets Resistance hybrid.

No need to say something more, man. That was enough to everybody here understand your condition.

Nice move. Avoiding someone's specific points and typecasting them from their second sentence is always an easy way to disregard their actual argument. Furthermore, doing so in incoherent English (see your second sentence) just puts icing on the cake. Normally I don't point out grammar mistakes, but I think you deserve it this time.

Nevermind the sentence. You have got more important issues to be worried about. You said you trust Edge as reviewers, and your only excuse to it must be the lack of intelligence.

damkira said:

PS3 has been on a slippery slope ever since November 17, 2006. It has never really gained traction in the market and is the only console to suffer a sales DECLINE last holiday season. With each new exclusive release, people claim the PS3 will be saved by software and those people suffer great disappointment again and again. Killzone 2 is pretty much it. If it does not sell stellar amounts and move PS3s with it -- the PS3 is pretty much done. Developers have already had to file bankruptcy due to high development costs are disappointing sales of PS3-exclusive games and if Killzone 2 does not sell AMAZINGLY, then we can pretty much count out Sony for this generation.

the sales decline has nothing to do with ps3 having a price drop late year before and being the same price. only reason wii got an increase was because it was so supply constrainded and this year they increased production by a shit ton. only reason 360 increased was because of its well timed global price drop to a mass market price. the only one saying k2 is make or break for sony is you. they are still moving hw at a decent rate

Oh yeah, a kick-a** shooter. Boy you can't get those on 360 can you? I've got an idea for a PS3 platform mover.... a PRICE DROP.

haxxiy said:
dhummel said:
haxxiy said:
Cypher1980 said:
axumblade said:
Cypher1980 said:
Having just read the review in Edge I serously doubt it will be that influential.

7/10

You are basing it off of the lowest review? Not saying you didn't get anything out of it but at the same time, it's not necessarily what all the sites that gave it a 9/10 think about Killzone 2.

Well Yes and No. I tend to trust Edge as 99 percent of the time they reflect my opinion as a gamer.

They are tough markers and the thing they seem to hate most is games that just regurgitate what has been produced before. That is IMHO why they only gave KZ2 a 7/10.

Other comments where that the games story stinks. In the Single Player mode its move from one generic firefight to a check point then rinse and repeat.

It may be a graphical powerhouse but I doubt many people will want to rush out and buy a Halo meets Resistance hybrid.

No need to say something more, man. That was enough to everybody here understand your condition.

Nice move. Avoiding someone's specific points and typecasting them from their second sentence is always an easy way to disregard their actual argument. Furthermore, doing so in incoherent English (see your second sentence) just puts icing on the cake. Normally I don't point out grammar mistakes, but I think you deserve it this time.

Nevermind the sentence. You have got more important issues to be worried about. You said you trust Edge as reviewers, and your only excuse to it must be the lack of intelligence.

Erm Actually the subsequent post was by someone else sweetheart !

You still want to question my intelligence after that ?

Around the Network

I think it will probably sell well, but It won't increase console sales any more than any other AAA game.

Here's why: Seriously, anybody who's a FPS fan on here, think long and hard - how many people do you know who are die-hard FPS fan (the kind who are looking foreward to this type of game) and HAVEN'T ALREADY bought their console of choice this gen - seriously - How many?

Sweet jesus, IQs of some of the people posting here are lower than my post count. Never have I seen so much venom being sprayed at one company because of pure fanboyism. More to the point, the bullsh*t in here is enough to sink my Toyota in...

(i) KZ2 has amazing review scores in so many different countries - all across Europe, Australia, the US, Scandinavia. High review scores for a game gain mind-share. Anyone interested in this game and considering a console purchase will have increased mind share for the PS3, and hence will tip some into a console purchase. This is made more predominant by the GOW3 media release. The one-two punch of this marketing technique will show system buyers that these kickass games are exclusive to the PS3 and tip some more over. Some, waiting for a price cut, will actually find a way to dive in.

(ii) Sony statement NEVER said it will sell large quantities of systems. From (i) it is obvious that it will sell some, so the point Sony makes is exactly correct. Another case of comments being falsely attributed to Sony PR.

(iii) Anyone saying that KZ2 is a everyday "same" FPS has not played the full game and has most definitely not played the multiplayer - the best multiplayer shooter experience I've had since the original Halo. And yes, I've played the press kits.

(iv) Seriously, whinging about the control scheme????? or the cover system??? or the "input lag" ??? Just GTFO....You can always tell the COD freaks or ppl who haven't played the game, by the whinging about how hard it is to make headshot or the fact you cant spray and pray.

(v) As for KZ2 not bringing anything new to the game - graphically it is astounding, the physics effects in game (ragdoll, particle+smoke effects, environmental damage, lighting etc) have rarely been seen together before. The multiplayer Warzone, with changing objectives in a single match has never been done this effectively before. The single player has one flaw, and that is a not strongly enough developed story, which a male 13-35 shooter fan couldn't give a rats ass about.

Seriously, love the games for the innovation they bring no matter the console. Hate the console if you feel you must and it gets you through the day - just don't hate the games.

haxxiy said:
Cypher1980 said:
axumblade said:
Cypher1980 said:

7/10

You are forgetting the multiplayer with dept in customisation that neither of those other titles can stand on even grounds with.

Check out my game about moles ^

damkira said:

PS3 has been on a slippery slope ever since November 17, 2006. It has never really gained traction in the market and is the only console to suffer a sales DECLINE last holiday season. With each new exclusive release, people claim the PS3 will be saved by software and those people suffer great disappointment again and again. Killzone 2 is pretty much it. If it does not sell stellar amounts and move PS3s with it -- the PS3 is pretty much done. Developers have already had to file bankruptcy due to high development costs are disappointing sales of PS3-exclusive games and if Killzone 2 does not sell AMAZINGLY, then we can pretty much count out Sony for this generation.

And this is case in point. Seriously, this is the most deluded statement I have heard in this thread yet.

The console sits around 21 million sales in 2 years (not even 2 yet in Europe). Developers who are taking note of sales figures now are building games for release in 2010 and beyond. Factor in another 12 mill sales for 2009, and you have an install base of 33 million. The only third party developer that will ignore that is getting their exclusivity bought by MS and the longer this generation goes, the more it will cost MS to cover those exclusivity costs due to that rising fanbase.

So with 3rd party support all but assured, how is Sony down and out if a first party game has (unlikely) lacklustre sales?

The only people saying the exclusives will "save" Sony are the fanboys from opposite camps.

Well, I can't say that KZ2 is getting me to buy a PS3 100%.

It is one of the more reasons I bought a PS3 though.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.