By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Halo Wars possibly outsell the much more hyped KZ2 in first two month

Serious_frusting said:
what rpg said

I think many many pre-owned Halo Wars will be on shelev not long after the launch. It will get most of its sales in its first week, then start to drop of, but saying that though they have the bundle halo 3 with halo wars. Is that in NA?

KZ2 will have much better legs then Halo Wars. it all dependins on how much halo wars sells in its first week weather it will have better sales in its first 2 months then KZ2 in NA.

That being said i think KZ2 will do better

Such a cop-out. Every time a major PS3 title flops ass all over the map, we hear "it'll have great legs."

You know why games have great legs? Because gamers who own those consoles have nothing else to play.

Let's just, for once, have a fair comparison. Whoever the hell wins. Frankly, I don't give a damn at this point.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Commando said:
wow thanks for posting those numbers.

Damn RE5 in the lead. That kinda suprises me.

Will there be updates on these numbers?

For the record, if RE5 was the shittiest game ever, I'd still much, much rather play it, over any FPS or RTS ever made. It's just a matter of taste. Good taste.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

^ Granted that I am aware of the source.

but, I think thats kind of a short sided statement. Why would you consider it good taste to ...word.... ..... ignore (wanted a better word) a whole genre?

It's also kind of funny, it's good taste to play the shittiest game ever /lol

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Serious_frusting said:
what rpg said

I think many many pre-owned Halo Wars will be on shelev not long after the launch. It will get most of its sales in its first week, then start to drop of, but saying that though they have the bundle halo 3 with halo wars. Is that in NA?

KZ2 will have much better legs then Halo Wars. it all dependins on how much halo wars sells in its first week weather it will have better sales in its first 2 months then KZ2 in NA.

Such a cop-out. Every time a major PS3 title flops ass all over the map, we hear "it'll have great legs."

You know why games have great legs? Because gamers who own those consoles have nothing else to play.

Let's just, for once, have a fair comparison. Whoever the hell wins. Frankly, I don't give a damn at this point.

Or maybe it's the game that people buy first when they get their new consoles.

Much like NSMB and Mario Kart DS.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Serious_frusting said:
what rpg said

That was rather trollish, for you.

Didn't the "Zomg PS3 haz no gamez!" argument die out near the end of 2007? You know, when PS3 hate became old?

And please name three major PS3 titles that have "flopped ass all over the map" that anybody said would have legs.

Please don't say LBP. I don't want to facepalm.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Nope. Why would I be? We're speaking of consoles here Lafiel. 

you said literally "I would love to see a RTS outsell a major FPS"

I know that in the sentence after that you mentioned "console RTS", but still the prior statement stands and that's what I answered to

the best sold single plattform RTS sold better than the best sold single plattform FPS, so I don't know why you would act all surprised at a RTS outselling a FPS game and in my opinion it seems like a belittlement of the RTS genre, which I find a little annoying/offending as a big fan of tactical games

*sigh* could very well happen. There are a lot of Halo degenerates around the world.

BenVTrigger said:
I'm amazed that these Sony guys have the gall and act like every 360 owner is just stupid. Listen people 95% of people that have heard of this game know its an RTS. Why are you guys so convinced there will be a ton of trade ins? Have you played the game? Its actually really good but I suppose you have nothing better to do than bash anything related to Halo.

I've played the demo now. I will enjoy some crow and say it is actually really good. Not Killzone 2 good, but for an RTS on a console, it's amazing.

The trade-ins won't come in because of lack of quality, because the quality is there. Quality doesn't sell. Halo sells. FPS on consoles sells. RTS on consoles does not sell. But the average Joe casual Halo addict who isn't smart enough to handle an RTS, or to realise that Halo Wars is an RTS, will not be happy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Didn't expect Wars to be that big, but I still think KZ2 will be bigger with a large contribution from EU

Lafiel said:
Shadowblind said:

Nope. Why would I be? We're speaking of consoles here Lafiel.

you said literally "I would love to see a RTS outsell a major FPS"

I know that in the sentence after that you mentioned "console RTS", but still the prior statement stands and that's what I answered to

the best sold single plattform RTS sold better than the best sold single plattform FPS, so I don't know why you would act all surprised at a RTS outselling a FPS game and in my opinion it seems like a belittlement of the RTS genre, which I find a little annoying/offending as a big fan of tactical games

Except that halo 3 will have outsold starcraft before the end of the year. Not bad for a game thats been out for less then a decade.