By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Halo Wars possibly outsell the much more hyped KZ2 in first two month

SlumsofOhio said:
Um, so can you dual wield energy swords?

I know your being sarcastic but actually yes.  The Covenant hero unit The Arbitor can switch to dual wielding energy swords which are devastating to the enemy but cost you production point the entire time they are activated.  Its pretty darn sweet though.

Around the Network

You serious? That is awesome! The Halo Wars demo was fun, but a bit too easy.

I think it has the potential to outsell Killzone 2. Right now, it's a bit more difficult for me to pick a side. I don't currently have a 360, so the demo is out of the question. If HW can break away from the average shoddy console RTS control scheme, probably.

Halo Wars has the name recognition and install base dedicated to the Halo franchise. Killzone 2 is well known, but not nearly on the level of it's competitor. It does have GREAT reviews going for it though. Might be close!

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

@jaggedsac
Awesome I love the stooges too!

One way we can test whether my theory does occur is to look at the dropoff rate in addition to news reports. If dropoff is huge it will mean that people who bought early on warned their friends.

This kind of thing does happen a lot, just in smaller ways.
The new silent hill.
suikoden 3? where they completely got rid of the turn based battle system.
Final fantasy 12.
more recently, the new banjo kazooie.
There are plenty of other cases where something is completely changed and people buy it thinking it will be the same. Some changes are not as drastic as others but I would not be surprised if people bought the game thinking it was halo 4.

A RTS outselling a Shooter is a really bad sign...imho.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

The 360 fan boys are setting themselves up for a big happy by downplaying Halo Wars and over stating how well KZ2 is going to do. Even if Halowars got terrible reviews, these guys would still buy it on name alone. It's gonna sell 6 mil+. Period. If KZ2 even gets close to 6 mil I will be surprised.

bulletstopper636 said:
The 360 fan boys are setting themselves up for a big happy by downplaying Halo Wars and over stating how well KZ2 is going to do. Even if Halowars got terrible reviews, these guys would still buy it on name alone. It's gonna sell 6 mil+. Period. If KZ2 even gets close to 6 mil I will be surprised.

lol...I don't recall 360 fans going all over the web posting how Halo Wars is going to be the greatest game ever! 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

@ heruamon )

that shows how strong the Halo franchise is, people aren't even uber-hyped for it and will still end up buying it

lol all the 360 fans down playing the name halo.... since they were wrong about killzone being mediocre they have to come up with ways to shine a negative light on it. pathetic if you ask me

If halo wars have a metacritic score of 80-85, it will HW=K2.
If 85+ HW>K2.
i just like to think that the quality of the game has something to do with sales, even if it doesnt.