By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Halo Wars possibly outsell the much more hyped KZ2 in first two month

Max King of the Wild said:
lol all the 360 fans down playing the name halo.... since they were wrong about killzone being mediocre they have to come up with ways to shine a negative light on it. pathetic if you ask me

I don't see anyone doing that.

I see a great many people pointing out that Halo has always been a first person shooter, and it's about to become a real-time strategy game.  Two diometrically opposed genres.  I think most people are sensibly recognising that the userbases for these two genres tend to be completely different, and that the transition may be turbulent and underwhelming, no matter how brillaint Halo Wars may be.

Spin, if you ask me.

Around the Network

it will be very close between the two

TacoBoy49 said:
Its crazy to think that Sony's biggest abd baddest FPS is gonna go toe to toe with a console rts (a genre that almost always fails) and might lose. Keep in mind that Europe also doesn't like FPS games as much as the us. They are much more casual and prefer driving games and music games.

What kind of human are you? Oh from the country over sea west from UK. It`s understandable.

lol all the 360 fans down playing the name halo.... since they were wrong about killzone being mediocre they have to come up with ways to shine a negative light on it. pathetic if you ask me

No-one asked you...

Tease.

HW will easily outsell KZ2, this is given.

Sony fanboys pretending this could be other way must be dellusional. Halo is much much stronger franchise, and Killzone is bleak & weak in comparison (as almost all of Sony's). The more natural benchmark for Killzone2 is CoD franchise, which it imitates so much. And the real failure of Killzone is that Sony and Guerilla spent many millions just to reinvent CoD experience with arguably better graphics. It will be interesting to see if they fail (deservedly, I'd say) to sell as many copies as CoD:WaW. I don't like Halo Wars approach to simplify RTS genre in the same way I hate their approach to FPS yet I can't help but endorse the fact they are really trying to invent something new which Sony doesn't do at all (with KZ).

Around the Network

People can spin as much as they want, but for an RTS to outsell a FPS, on consoles, doesn't jive with me. Sony supporters have a golden opportunity to come out with strong support foir the TOP TITLE on the console in 2009, at least, base on the fervor being generated for the game.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Here's an interesting tidbit from XBOX news.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2009/0213-halowarsdemo.htm

Newsflash:
Halo Wars Demo Breaks Records
Published February 13, 2009

Download the Demo
Go to Marketplace to add Halo Wars to your download queue
Anticipation around the upcoming release of Halo Wars is mounting. The demo, which was released on Xbox LIVE® on February 5, quickly set the day-one record for the most demo downloads on the service, and in just its first five days, has been downloaded by more than two million Xbox LIVE Gold members around the world.

Experience the action in this explosive demo.

The Halo Wars demo introduces the game's groundbreaking control scheme through two tutorials, gives a taste of the epic story with the first two campaign missions, and allows you to experience the intense, competitive action offered via one of the game’s 14 Skirmish maps. The demo is now available to Xbox LIVE Silver members.

Go to Marketplace to add Halo Wars to your download queue.

New Video Documentary
New Halo Wars content doesn’t stop there, as the third video documentary in an exciting seven-part video series, titled "Strategy on Xbox" is available today. The team behind Halo Wars invites you to see how the game was conceived and how they "cracked" strategy games for the console. This latest episode also provides insider tips so you can fully realize the devastating potential of the UNSC and Covenant units at your command.

Just released today, the newest episode of the “Halo Wars” video documentary series is available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or can be viewed right here.

pretty interesting.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Phoenix_Wiight said:
im more suprised to see platinum that low. wonder how much itll sell the first week

It still has one month to preorder, it's released on March 22.

It's good to see sony fanboys admit that the halo franchise is so strong that an underhyped RTS game bearing the halo name has the potential to outsell the most hyped ps3 game ever that belongs in a the most  popular genre (FPS). Anyway if halo wars actually outsells KZ2, it will provide countless hours of entertainment on the internet. The damage control that has already begun ( BUBUBUBUBUT people won't know that it's an RTS ) is hilarious and i can't imagine the entertainment that will be provided in the unlikely (IMO) event that halo wars actually outsells KZ2.

FPS game to be down from an console RTS game?! Chances are very low.