By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Halo Wars possibly outsell the much more hyped KZ2 in first two month

Squilliam said:

Killzone 2 is dark, It doesn't seem that they designed the game to be liked by the widest of demographics. People who need glasses hate dark games in my experience,

lol, I've never heard about that aspect of game design before. Funny!

Around the Network
Godot said:
I have trouble believing that Killzone 2 will have legs (Metal Gears Solid 4 didn't) and will outsell Little Big Planet lifetime.

Don't you people remember last Christmas? Everybody was claiming that LBP and Resistance 2 would outsell Fable 2. The Xbox gamers are hardcore and buying a lot of games.

Because we all know that they are exactly the same game. They both have a massive fanbase, are in niche genres, and are from a series that requires a fair bit of past knowledge to understand. Oh, wait. Killzone 2 is an FPS, with pretty much no fanbase to speak of, which requires no past series knowledge to understand.

Fable II is another game with a large fanbase. It had a million first week sales, and shows signs of slowing down, selling on par with LBP, which had 350k first week sales.

And why wouldn't it outsell LBP? This is the "casual" game, remember?

It's kiddy! 2D! Not even a game, just a level toolset! And yet it's sold over 2 million copies, and you don't think a violent, HD FPS with orange-eyed enemies, great competitive online and amazing graphics can outsell it?

*facepalm*

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

PostModGuru said:
Just considering userbase, I feel that if the multiplayer in halo wars catches fire then it will definitely outsell kz2 and have longer legs, otherwise, it will initially just outsell it.

If it does the job, and people enjoy multiplayer, that is possible.  There really isn't much in the RTS arena at this point, so Halo Wars would be a bit like the Halo on the XBox in regards to being the top game in an under  represented niche.

My bet is on Halo.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

yes it can, and i believe it will.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Halo Wars big advantage is coop. I know is an RTS but it is Halo, it has a coop campaign, and it will be in the 90% Metacritic realm, and it has $$$ from Microsoft. It won't reach HAlo 3 10 million plus in sale of course but 4-5 millions LTD is very possible.

KZ2 will no doubt be very front loaded like all the big hyped PS3 blockbusters. It will no doubt sell very well, especially in Europe. I think 4-5 is also possible for LTD.

So in the end, if you have both consoles, you win. Easy as that.

Q1 gaming purchase:

X360: Ninja Blade, Halo Wars, SF4 LE, RE5, The Lost and the Damned, GH Metallica, Outrun Arcade XBL, Star Ocean 4

PS3: KZ2, MLB 09, Flower

I'm amazed that these Sony guys have the gall and act like every 360 owner is just stupid. Listen people 95% of people that have heard of this game know its an RTS. Why are you guys so convinced there will be a ton of trade ins? Have you played the game? Its actually really good but I suppose you have nothing better to do than bash anything related to Halo.

BenVTrigger said:
I'm amazed that these Sony guys have the gall and act like every 360 owner is just stupid. Listen people 95% of people that have heard of this game know its an RTS. Why are you guys so convinced there will be a ton of trade ins? Have you played the game? Its actually really good but I suppose you have nothing better to do than bash anything related to Halo.

Listen up 'Dawg'.  It has nothing to do with 360 owners in general.  It has everything to do with blind fanboys of games.  (See Mario,  that will gobble up ANY product with the name that they love stamped on it).   It's not an Xbox owner exclusive quality.  It's an average person / average gamer who we are speaking of.  It's the parents of the kids who LOVE Halo and only know the name 'Halo' that will buy it for their kids birthday presents.

And it probably will have a lot of trade ins on people being stupid alone.

@ Rpruett

Dawg? Really? The big difference here is that most of the Mario spinoffs usually tend to be pretty lame. This is a game from an amazing developer (Ensemble R.I.P.) and actually delivers a unique experience on consoles.

wow thanks for posting those numbers.

Damn RE5 in the lead. That kinda suprises me.

Will there be updates on these numbers?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself