By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Halo Wars possibly outsell the much more hyped KZ2 in first two month

Where is the proof that a Halo game that is a not a shooter is going to sell like hot cakes just because of the name?

Halo Wars is made by a high quality RTS company. (R.I.P)

I think HW has a lot more going for it then just a name... The name will help bring in more fans but the quality will give it legs. Its only real competition is the RTS format.

KZ2 has a lot more to compete with...

Around the Network

If people feel Halo Wars delivered sufficiently in an genre that hasn't broken through on consoles (RTS), and the genre interests sufficient number of console players, the Halo Wars could outsell Killzone 2. Will see how it goes.

The Internet is not the best measure of how a game will sell. The Internet made Ron Paul, and Snakes on a Plane, appear bigger than they were.

Kantor said:

People will still buy it, because it has the word "Halo" and a bunch of Spartans on the front cover, and a little bit because it's actually a damned good game, but it's sales will be hurt by the fact that it's an RTS. On a console.

Do you think these mindless Halo buying zombies might pick up the box because of "a bunch of Spartans on the front cover", but MAYBE, just maybe look at the BACK of the box to see what the game is about? Or if they're buying online they might read the description of the game?

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

I think it will be close, also both are releasing same day.

Wyku said:
Kantor said:

People will still buy it, because it has the word "Halo" and a bunch of Spartans on the front cover, and a little bit because it's actually a damned good game, but it's sales will be hurt by the fact that it's an RTS. On a console.

Do you think these mindless Halo buying zombies might pick up the box because of "a bunch of Spartans on the front cover", but MAYBE, just maybe look at the BACK of the box to see what the game is about? Or if they're buying online they might read the description of the game?

Nope, if someone is dumb enough to like the Halo franchise, they are dumb enough to spend $60 on something they know nothing about.

Around the Network
PelshyX5499X334279YZ said:
I'd like to see the look of a 9 year-olds face after purchasing the game, realizing that it's not a fps.

There are going to be a hell of a lot of trade-ins, that's for sure. :D

it will happen because every xbox owners in the world only knows halo, so every 360 owners in the world is going to buy this. halo made xbox and the entire xbox userbase in made up of crazy american halo fans.

My 2 cents, I expect halo wars to sell 2- 3 million at best, but after reading this thread, I don't know what to expect anymore, in anycase halo wars will be popular among rts fans thats what I do know for sure.

Halo just got bigger.

GTAIV08 said:
it will happen because every xbox owners in the world only knows halo, so every 360 owners in the world is going to buy this. halo made xbox and the entire xbox userbase in made up of crazy american halo fans.

very true at least 75% of halo gamers are americans

GTAIV08 said:

I have a 360.  I liked Halo 3 (not HUGE enough to keep the game but enough).  I also like RTS.  After trying the demo, I feel a need to hold off on it.  Don't feel a need to buy it.  I am actually more interested in KZ2.

And NO, not every 360 owner will buy Halo Wars.  Not every 360 owner will buy anything Halo either, particularly when the size of the Halo platform gets larger.