By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Halo Wars possibly outsell the much more hyped KZ2 in first two month

@ FaRmLaNd )

that 9.5 million number hasn't been updated for ages, atleast 4 years (that's when I remember first hearing it), so I expect Starcraft to sit at 10-11millions now (with all the Blizzard game bundles there were) and even that seems like a bit of an underestimatement to me tbh

with ODST releasing Halo 3 might be boosted beyond that though

Around the Network

I always expected it to outsell Killzone 2.

Halo is one of the biggest franchises in gaming, even if they sold a game with shit inside instead of a disc with the name 'Halo' on, it would sell, purely for being Halo.

Killzone 2 on the other hand is the sequel to a game on the PS2 that didn't perfrom very well.

Even if KZ2 is better than Halo Wars (which IMO it is, much rather buy KZ2 than Halo Wars) it won't sell as well.

Lafiel said:

@ FaRmLaNd )

that 9.5 million number hasn't been updated for ages, atleast 4 years (that's when I remember first hearing it), so I expect Starcraft to sit at 10-11millions now (with all the Blizzard game bundles there were) and even that seems like a bit of an underestimatement to me tbh

You 're right we don't have completely updated numbers on starcraft (to further muddle it theres contention about whether the number includes brood wars or not), but my point still stands, halo 3 should eventually outsell starcraft. It may or may not happen this year, but its pretty certain that it will happen.

TacoBoy49 said:
Why would Halo Wars not have long legs? Halo 2 and Halo 3 had incredibly long legs. Halo 3 is still selling like it was launched last November. MGS 4 ran out of breath after 2 short months. Halo Wars will sell for a long time also. Halo brand is evergreen like Mario.

Why are you trying to use logic with sony fanboys ? Since most ps3 exclusives sell mediocre initially and then disappear from the charts these fanboys have decided that these games have magical legs . It doesn't matter that MGS4 did 770k in its first NPD month and 240k in the next ....6 months or that games like LBP and resistance 2 weren't even in the top-30 this month .....NOOOOOO........ps3 exclusives have .....legs .Even a game like KZ2 (which will be the definition of front loaded) will....have ....legs !!!

simple. Larger fanbase on the 360 than PS3. Half of the 360 fanbase got a 360 to play Halo.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

@ FaRmLaNd )

That number was from an article in May 2007.  An article also stated that 4.5 million were sold in Korea alone(doesn't matter, but very interesting that almost half of the games audience is in Korea).

people are going to buy halo wars because people think its a new halo game.
Gunna be a lot of disappointed, uninformed people in USA.

theprof00 said:

theprof00 said:

Depends on what the back of the box says.  Well, unless people don't bother to review the back of the box, or research a bit more about the game before get it.  The main way I see this happening is an uniformed parent buying the game for their kid as a gift.  I believe Microsoft has done a lot to let it be known it is an RTS.  Master Chief isn't in it, for one thing.  They also threw a demo up on Live.

Um, so can you dual wield energy swords?