By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Big software showing at E3, will help Wii to topple PS2 sales!

Nintendo has the "casuals" in the bag, the core gamers follow the games, just like the DS, so shall the Wii.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
What are you guys going on about?
'Hardcore' games like Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, The Conduit etc. are not what's gonna push the Wii past PS2 sales levels. It's the casual stuff that'll do that. Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort and all those. That's not to say those 'hardcore' games won't sell well, but those'll be bought mainly by the fans that already have a Wii anyway. By gamers. That's not the audience Nintendo's after, clearly.

Nintendo will keep doing games like Fit, Wii Sports Resort, etc, just like they've been doing on DS. But they too must satisfy their core users. More of those games will not work alone. Also, they have to continue moving their expanded audience upstream with games like Mario Kart. F Zero or Punch Out could do that work. Or maybe a new Zelda with Wii values.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

haha don't be silly. The wii doesn't have any new IP's coming. Well not any great ones.

We all know a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid are coming.

Guess they are going to aim for the "core" players this E3, last year they said that E3 should aim for the "casuals" since E3 gets alot coverage wich means the "casuals" will get some knowledge about upcoming games.

we more "core" gamers don't need E3 to tell us about upcoming games, we have the internet for that.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Some new games will be nice, I would kill for an F-zero Wii, I would buy that thing in a Heartbeat.

I just got really hyped now...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

So here we go again! People expecting impossible things and getting their hopes so high that at the end they will be inmensely disappointed. Good job.

they better show some really good games >.

Now the big man said it. Oh dear o_O I hope is true *gets hyped* x3

Back when E3 was the Shit, Nintendo always delivered the best show in the house.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Remember people, big for us is not the same as big for them. For us it's zelda for them it's Wii Sports