By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Big software showing at E3, will help Wii to topple PS2 sales!

Hmmm...

He didn't even really say that anything new will be shown... And it isn't really clear if he expects the software shown at E3 to help drive 2009 software sales higher, or help Wii reach PS2's install base.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

I think people are going to be sorely dissapointed if they think an OoT-like Zelda, Galaxy 2 or any other known/classic franchise is going to be what makes Nintendo even bigger.

Expect classic franchises reworked to let your granny able to play. This won't be a bad thing. Think Mario Kart Wii.

Some people are under the illusion that they want Ocarina Wii or Pilotwings 64-Wii but don't worry Nintendo will give you something different that you want before you even realise you want it and you will love it....... and so will your granny.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

darthdevidem01 said:
DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!

POKEMONE EPIC RPG ON WII MADE BY S-E

I agree with you up until that point. S-E isnt Squaresoft. The majority of their titles are garbage now.

Id rather have Monolith Soft work on it.

outlawauron said:
They must be looking looking to put another real show stopper at this year's E3.

I expect a Wii-Play 2 and Wii Fit 2. It makes the most sense.

Well Ninty might be stubborn but not stupid.  They aren't going to want to replicate last year's E3.  More than likely they want to replica their October conference which actually got a lot of good press.  Not to mentions sales of Wii Music compared to the rest of the Wii series can't be as encouraging.

My guess is they'll want to show off a big property that everyone knows.  Pikmin maybe.  Zelda maybe.  Something along those lines.  Might be a Wii branded property but that might only before a sideshow of it rather than a main one.

A part of me wants to to be hyped about this year E3, but another part of me knows that Nintendo likes to bring surprises that sometimes aren't so great.....

In other words, I'm feeling neutral about Iwata's statement. I wonder if Iwata will slightly clarify this statement in GDC.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
coolestguyever said:
haha don't be silly. The wii doesn't have any new IP's coming. Well not any great ones.

We all know a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid are coming.

Bullshit.

Mad World, Conduit, Arc Rise Fantasia, Muramasa, Kizuna, etc. all say hi.

You know what? I actually disagreed completely with Coolestguyever, but after reading that, I only partially disagree.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Soriku said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Soriku said:
coolestguyever said:
haha don't be silly. The wii doesn't have any new IP's coming. Well not any great ones.

We all know a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid are coming.

Bullshit.

Mad World, Conduit, Arc Rise Fantasia, Muramasa, Kizuna, etc. all say hi.

You know what? I actually disagreed completely with Coolestguyever, but after reading that, I only partially disagree.

Why? :P

You're a big Wii fan. You know a lot about most new releases. You listed 2 games I've never heard of, an RPG we know very little about, and the 2 standard games. Not a lot of new IPs, is there really?

I seriously doubt they're gonna stir up and hype then pull off another E3 2008. I'm hoping for a Zelda announcement.

Soriku said:
I see the problem already. I know a lot about all those games. You don't. Time to catch up :P

That's not even a full list.

I know it's not a full list. But if that's the best of the list, then the rest of the list isn't really that interesting.

a new smash bros with working online!