By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Big software showing at E3, will help Wii to topple PS2 sales!

I liked last years E3, all of the big 3 presentations entertained me.

Around the Network

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m455/mappster21/bondwii.gif

honestly, let us not have this again.

dammit cant post the gif properly :(

ah how did you do it then? :P

I guess I was in the minority that didn't think Nintendo's E3 performance was all that bad. People slammed Cammie for reasons that seemed rather shallow to me. While there were no big name games from Nintendo 1st party, The Conduit did more than just turn heads, Motion plus was announced and online voice chat was announced.

I am not blaming IGN (Matt) for pushing a rumored game, but I feel people were more disappointed with what wasn't shown than with what was shown. To me that presentation was like a trojan horse. E3 was downhill since 07, and 08 was even more low key, hopefully they bring it back to the bonanza it once was.

Also magnifico; Few things I disagree with
1) Wii not good for third parties; I think third parties haven't been good to Wii. Remember the Wii was not expected to be the powerhouse it has become, the PS2 was.

2) 20% of the gems the PS2 had? the first two years for the Wii has seen far better games than the PS2 had in the same time frame.

These are opinions though, much like your post was. However, just as it is now an inevitability that the DS will outsell the PS2, the next two years will show us if the Wii too will inevitably outsell the ps2. It is tracking above both the DS and PS2 without the third party support, imagine what will happen when it does get it.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
I guess I was in the minority that didn't think Nintendo's E3 performance was all that bad. People slammed Cammie for reasons that seemed rather shallow to me. While there were no big name games from Nintendo 1st party, The Conduit did more than just turn heads, Motion plus was announced and online voice chat was announced.

I am not blaming IGN (Matt) for pushing a rumored game, but I feel people were more disappointed with what wasn't shown than with what was shown. To me that presentation was like a trojan horse. E3 was downhill since 07, and 08 was even more low key, hopefully they bring it back to the bonanza it once was.

Also magnifico; Few things I disagree with
1) Wii not good for third parties; I think third parties haven't been good to Wii. Remember the Wii was not expected to be the powerhouse it has become, the PS2 was.

2) 20% of the gems the PS2 had? the first two years for the Wii has seen far better games than the PS2 had in the same time frame.

These are opinions though, much like your post was. However, just as it is now an inevitability that the DS will outsell the PS2, the next two years will show us if the Wii too will inevitably outsell the ps2. It is tracking above both the DS and PS2 without the third party support, imagine what will happen when it does get it.

Yeah, I agree, I like Iwata's speech most of all. But the Wii Music presentation was just TERRIBLE. I think that's what most people remember of E3.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

watch out for the big core title for Nintendo at E3 this year to be.... Kirby Wii! After all, Iwata created the series :P

If that's happens, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep for a month.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (release for holidays)
Zelda Trailer
Pikmin 3 (release for holidays)
New super Mario Bros 2

Those are my guesses. That;d be perfect IMO, but donkey kong platformer for wii, would be even better.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Conman, I'd rather have a new Donkey Kong Country like platformer than a galaxy sequel to be honest.

@Soma; You're right about the Wii music presentation, it was bad, but since I was not interested in the title I kind of looked to the info I was interested in.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Kingdom Hearts 3, Wii GTA, New Zelda, New Mario, Nintendogs Wii and a Mario FPS confirmed for E3! Sweet!

What are you guys going on about?
'Hardcore' games like Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, The Conduit etc. are not what's gonna push the Wii past PS2 sales levels. It's the casual stuff that'll do that. Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort and all those. That's not to say those 'hardcore' games won't sell well, but those'll be bought mainly by the fans that already have a Wii anyway. By gamers. That's not the audience Nintendo's after, clearly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046