By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack & Wiki breaks 500k

Wow.

I don't think anyone saw this one coming after Zack & Wiki launched. People were calling this the posterchild of why third party Wii games don't sell. Well, look at it now, 500k and not done selling.

Congratulations Z-dub!

Around the Network

Nice. I just realised I didn't contribute to that at all. I bought it pre-owned.

RolStoppable said:
So what? The Wii has already produced a new posterchild in CoD WaW.

Well with no splitscreen multiplayer, I hope that teaches the developers a lesson.

Some people do have real friends who they'd like to play with in the same room, if only because online isn't even a viable option for multiplayer for them.

congrats to zack and wiki, de blob has hit 500k also this week

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Wow, that came out of nowhere. De Blob's reached 500K on the same week as well.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

de Blob will prob break a million. Its actually getting MORE popular now as opposed to when it was released

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Nice, hopefully sequel will be released.

RolStoppable said:
So what? The Wii has already produced a new posterchild in CoD WaW.

Seriously though, while the game was a commercial success according to Capcom, I suspect that this site is overtracking its sales. I doubt Capcom produced that many copies, especially after the price dropped to under $20. Still, it sold well enough, and it's a fantastic title.

nice, i plan on buying zack and wiki tomorrow, its $15 at my local walmart.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

RolStoppable said:
griffinA said:
de Blob will prob break a million. Its actually getting MORE popular now as opposed to when it was released

That's true, I bought it this week because I could get it for €10 cheaper than on release. After the disappointment of Boom Blox I hesitated to buy De Blob, but much to my pleasure it's in fact a good game unlike that garbage from EA.

Stop stealing my thoughts.  How good is de Blob?  Saying it's better than Boom Blox is like saying that it's more fun than getting kicked sharply in the crotch.

On topic.  Good for Zack and Wiki.  Hopefully they make a sequel. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger