By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack & Wiki breaks 500k

So happy to see it. Great, imaginative game.

So, can we get a sequel now??

Around the Network

Seriously saying this game sold bad can not be anything else than trolling. It was a point and click with almost no advertising. It looked "kiddish" and the name was meh.

Of course there is some really bad game as Game Party that sell way more but it won't change the fact that good games sell and are profitable on wii.

Cougarman said:
smbu2000 said:
RolStoppable said:
Cougarman said:

it took this game 1 year to sell 500k and you wiiboys are celabrating?

Get lost, troll.

Hahaha, that was pretty funny. Did you actually read his whole post? He wasn't trolling, he was giving an example of what trolls might still be able to say even though the game sold over 500k. Thanks for the laugh, though, hehe.

Cougarman said:
Soriku said:
Nice. Now trolls can't complain about that not selling :P

you are underestimating  the trolls there, let me show you example below.

"it took this game 1 year to sell 500k and you wiiboys are celabrating?"

see? that was not so hard

oh i am sure rol read my post, he was so full of rage his brain just registered the trolling part.

Or maybe he hates all pink fluffy avatars? How many people are "afflicted" with kirbyitis anyways?

OT: Great that it reached 500k. Hopefully they make Z&W2.

izaaz101 said:
Cougarman said:
smbu2000 said:
RolStoppable said:
Cougarman said:

Get lost, troll.

Hahaha, that was pretty funny. Did you actually read his whole post? He wasn't trolling, he was giving an example of what trolls might still be able to say even though the game sold over 500k. Thanks for the laugh, though, hehe.

Cougarman said:
Soriku said:

oh i am sure rol read my post, he was so full of rage his brain just registered the trolling part.

Or maybe he hates all pink fluffy avatars? How many people are "afflicted" with kirbyitis anyways?

he might hate kirby avatars, but i had my roger avatar when i made that comment

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Cougarman said:
izaaz101 said:
Cougarman said:
smbu2000 said:
RolStoppable said:
Cougarman said:

Get lost, troll.

Cougarman said:
Soriku said:

he might hate kirby avatars, but i had my roger avatar when i made that comment

Ah damn, well there goes my well thought out and planned theory!

Around the Network

congrats to capcom. Now get off your ass and make something original and hardcore

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

DTG said:
I suppose it's not bad considering it sold like crap when it first came out. But this really isn't a cause of celebration when according to gamerankings, metacritic and this site the wii has by far the worst library of games and yet has the highest number of software sales, with majority of 500k+ selling games for it being casual titles.

It has the highest number of software (and hardware) sales, DESPITE the lack of AAA and "core" games...

And when you actually look at the TOP100 Wii sales (34 million sellers, 78 500k sellers), there's nothing to complain about: THIS is the choice the "almighty" game industry has given us on Wii... that's all we could buy anyway!!!

If more good "core" games had been released, sales would look even more impressive, and Wii would have even more "non casual" million sellers...

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=100&name=&console=Wii&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

So sure, there are some casual titles on that list, and even some poor ones... but i see most of the best Wii titles in that Top 100 (with the exception of Okami, they're ALL there), and i see games in (nearly) all genres, for all kinds of people... many original titles, and many fun titles, too... but a lack of RPGs, Action/ Adventures and FPS, that's for sure...

But with 2009 and 2010 line-up, things will only get better and better for Wii's library... Wii has a very solid userbase, and good Wii games have a chance to stand out and shine (and MAKE PROFITS, quite important too), even if sometimes it takes 50 weeks instead of 5 in the "old business model"...

Cos' one of the most impressive feature about Wii (and DS) is the LEGS... many titles seemed like commercial failures at first, but then, one year later, everything's just fine... a proof Wii's market is very healthy, and deserves more respect, more investments, and more good, if not excellent games... will 3rd parties accept the challenge? THAT is the question...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

RolStoppable said:
DTG said:
500k is not much lol, when shovelware CASUAL crap on the wii consistently sells 500k and above.

At least selling 500k copies of a Wii exclusive doesn't result in a developer closing its doors.

pwnd

RolStoppable said:
So what? The Wii has already produced a new posterchild in CoD WaW.

Which has sold 250k in 5 weeks at an almost rock solid 50k per week. Far too early to call as it is with most Wii titles these days.

Could very easily break over 1million next year

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Great... the sales of Z&W and Patapon shows that freash ideas can make money ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!