By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack & Wiki breaks 500k

Soriku said:
Nice. Now trolls can't complain about that not selling :P

you are underestimating  the trolls there, let me show you example below.

"it took this game 1 year to sell 500k and you wiiboys are celabrating?"

see? that was not so hard

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

@ Rol But you said that the gameplay is fun. This already makes it better than Speilberg and EA's bastard child (I am not talking about Medal Of Honor).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

500k is not much lol, when shovelware CASUAL crap on the wii consistently sells 500k and above.

Guys, don't come here to attack the game. This is a game from what i hear deserve way more sales, i am actually quite happy it still selling. lets make it a million next.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I suppose it's not bad considering it sold like crap when it first came out. But this really isn't a cause of celebration when according to gamerankings, metacritic and this site the wii has by far the worst library of games and yet has the highest number of software sales, with majority of 500k+ selling games for it being casual titles.

Around the Network
DTG said:
500k is not much lol, when shovelware CASUAL crap on the wii consistently sells 500k and above.

yeah but this game has the best story ever,  it is about a badass pirate who goes on adventures in the end he has the chance to save his friend or the world, torn between saving the world or his friend he starts drinking, and for 5 levels you have to play drunk, in the end he still has to choose between his friend or the world, oh and the friend is a flying monkey.

RolStoppable said:
DTG said:
I suppose it's not bad considering it sold like crap when it first came out. But this really isn't a cause of celebration when according to gamerankings, metacritic and this site the wii has by far the worst library of games and yet has the highest number of software sales, with majority of 500k+ selling games for it being casual titles.

Well, the PS3 also only has one true game in Metal Gear Solid 4, the rest of its software library is filled with games that don't even come close to the depth of the storyline of Kojima's latest masterpiece. Nearly all game developers in this industry are chasing the money instead of producing deep and engaging stories which we desperately need if we want to be taken serious by people outside of gaming.

Yes. Like saving a princess from a firebreathing turtle. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Soriku said:
Cougarman said:
DTG said:

yeah but this game has the best story ever,  it is about a badass pirate who goes on adventures in the end he has the chance to save his friend or the world, torn between saving the world or his friend he starts drinking, and for 5 levels you have to play drunk, in the end he still has to choose between his friend or the world, oh and the friend is a flying monkey.

Is the game psychological?

it is new type of genre, it is psychological interactive erotic thriller

I don't think Z&W was a poster child of third party failures on the Wii. It was a niche title- a very small niche- with limited advertising. It only needed 300,000 sales to be cosidered a success, and it was clear pretty quickly that it would meet that threshold.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Yes. Like saving a princess from a firebreathing turtle. 

Several of the best games of all time feature this story, but is that what we really want? Games that are fun? No, the industry needs to make games like movies, they should have tons of cutscenes and long loading times so that we really have the necessary time to think about the stories.

@misterd: Some people still mentioned Zack & Wiki among third party failures on the Wii recently, i.e. this month.

I see your point. I could throw down a bag of corn chips while watching the game.  Now that is casual gaming.  I mean hardcore gaming.  I mean, I'm so confused.