By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack & Wiki breaks 500k

Yeah, but still, if core games sold as well as casual games on Wii, it would have already been up to 2 million. And there are a lot of games that have sold much better on Wii that aren't as good.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Great... the sales of Z&W and Patapon shows that freash ideas can make money ;)

Yeah its weird, and i thought originality was really only valued in Japan these days.

Fortunately us Wii owners get the majority of the new experimental ip's.

And now we are seeing the fruits of that labour and as long as systems keep selling the legs will keep growing.

de Blob is a wonder kid, maybe if ZW launched today there would have been enough market to move it faster and in less time.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Here's hoping for a sequel. I really enjoyed this simplistic design, gameplay, and humour of this game. Chocolate bars ftw!

Eh... a lot of it was like... $5. From Toys R Us.

I was probably insane for not picking that up when i had the chacne.

Thought it'd be around for a while though.

Still good news as a usberase translates well to a new sequel no matter what price the game was picked up at.

A total of 11 Wii games past 500k this week,

lego batman
wall e
rayman raving rabbits tv
boogie
pet dogz 2
zack and wiki
spiderman 3
de blob
spongebob
madden nfl 09
namco museum

Next week kung fu panda, shaun white snowboarding, high school musical 3, guinness world records, and sonic unleashed should make it at least 5 more.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Around the Network

Regardless of what the trolls say its great to know that a small title like Z&W sold well. It definitely deserves it.

RolStoppable said:
DTG said:
500k is not much lol, when shovelware CASUAL crap on the wii consistently sells 500k and above.

At least selling 500k copies of a Wii exclusive doesn't result in a developer closing its doors.

OWNED haha.  Sorry I know its a little late but that was good Rol.  Your growing on me dude.

Anyways not bad for Zack and Wiki.  Would have been hard to imagine a few years ago that a point and click puzzler on the console could sell half a million.

Im help buying my copy.

I still need to get this, along with No More Heroes.

RolStoppable said:
DTG said:
500k is not much lol, when shovelware CASUAL crap on the wii consistently sells 500k and above.

At least selling 500k copies of a Wii exclusive doesn't result in a developer closing its doors.

my vote for reply of the year award