By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

BengaBenga said:
It's sad that VC sold so poorly. Really sad.

I hate it that a big part of it is because of the graphics. Sure SRPGs are niche, but Fire Emblem sold 400k in the US.

And to be clear: I think this would have bombed on the 360 as well. It's just sad that realistic graphics are so much prefered by much of the HD userbase.

Too bad it was not on wii :/

I think the cell shading is nice, DQ was one of my fav DQ games graphics wise.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

man i would have picked up VC if it was on the 360.... as it stands now ill wait for two ps3 price drops, or a port then get it.... i can justify 260 for it.... just not 460 that it would be now... heck i might go as high as 330 if the game drops in price quickly enough.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

BengaBenga said:

I hate it that a big part of it is because of the graphics. Sure SRPGs are niche, but Fire Emblem sold 400k in the US.

And to be clear: I think this would have bombed on the 360 as well. It's just sad that realistic graphics are so much prefered by much of the HD userbase.

it would have at least helped it on the 360.... also some advertising.... I was anticipating this game, and liked the art direction reminded me a bit of crackdown which i enjoyed the cell shading (one of the best cell shaded games ive ever played). 

I also think this game didnt have a clear identity to gamers who were not intersted in the game before it came out which hurts it too... 

edit: this game would have done best on the pc... its just where strategy games shine.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Aiemond said:
BengaBenga said:

I imagine they could do it on Wii, but they would have to rework the engine to do Wii graphics.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Aiemond said:
BengaBenga said:

I imagine they could do it on Wii, but they would have to rework the engine to do Wii graphics.

Indeed. Thats what is sad :/ I don't see a wii port in the future either. But too bad they didn't put it on their in the first place is what i meant. If it made it up to say, 100k lifetime US, a bit more in japan and a similar state in Others I think a sequal would be able to be justified due to the lower development cost.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

I'd pick up VC if ported to the 360 too.
Odd how the rpg starved PS3 owners passed on this game.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

VC is a niche JRPG game. LBP has had a lot of hype and advertising that has pushed sales of the game.

Actually would it even be possible to do on wii? I mean you need precise controls to shoot that's one and second do you really think Nintendo would allow title with shooting to escaping civilians and concetration camps on their platform?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I am not surprised to see LBP outselling VC.

Zlejedi said:
Actually would it even be possible to do on wii? I mean you need precise controls to shoot that's one and second do you really think Nintendo would allow title with shooting to escaping civilians and concetration camps on their platform?

Please tell me this was a joke. Please. No-one can be that ignorant, right?

So now the pointer has imprecise shooting conrols?!? *head explodes*
And since MadWorld and Killer 7 are allowed on a Nintendo console I think a nice Japanese cell shaded game with a WWII theme is no problem at all.