By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

Soriku said:

VC was only really ignored since it's a SRPG... =/ And that HD owners have something against cel shaded games (just look at PoP sales) for some reason.

@Riachu

Which one sodl 1 mil?

I <3 cel shaded games

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
c0rd said:

The problem is, there are lots of PS3 supporters that are under the notion that JRPG's would sell much better on their console (due to all the JRPG fans from the PS2 moving up) as opposed to the 360. This has yet to be proven, so when games like Valkyria Chronicles or Eternal Sonata do poorly, it's the reason people like mrstickball come in here and flaunt that fact.

I think things point to the 360 userbase having a bigger JRPG userbase in the west. The PS3 offsets this with their advantage in Japan, so it comes out almost equal (slightly PS3 favored). The Wii should prove to have the most, but that's a different matter.

@mibuokami: Aye, the 360 is definitely a good buy - it has the best current RPG lineup, and there are surely a few more to come. If Nintendo games don't interest you at all (impossible!?) but JRPG's are your thing, I'll bet by the end of 09 you'll be forced to take a bite. The great thing is, with DQX (even if you're not a fan), the future is looking good for the console.

That would explain why it is so hard to tell which system has more JRPG fans.

Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

The game was exremly difficult to find launch week. I suspect that 33k units is better then what sega expected for this game.

ameratsu said:
Soriku said:

VC was only really ignored since it's a SRPG... =/ And that HD owners have something against cel shaded games (just look at PoP sales) for some reason.

@Riachu

Which one sodl 1 mil?

I <3 cel shaded games

Me too. But many people don't :(

Soriku said:
ameratsu said:
Soriku said:

@Riachu

Which one sodl 1 mil?

I <3 cel shaded games

Me too. But many people don't :(

Have you played jet grind radio for the dreamcast?

really great cel-shading game probably the best.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Around the Network

@flames

No, since I didn't own a Dreamcast.But...

*searches pics*

That's some great cel shading :O

there's also a remake called jet set radio future for the xbox , if you can find a copy of that gem and find someone with an xbox, trying playing that game pretty revolutionary game back in 2000 and 2002

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Screw Sega for putting it on the Xbox, that was the one system I didn't own last gen -_-

Jet Grind Radio was THE game for cel shading, it's the first one I played, actually... looking at Wiki now,

"The first 3D video game to feature true real-time cel-shading was Jet Grind Radio (2000) for the Sega Dreamcast." Awesome, I get bragging rights now

c0rd said:

Screw Sega for putting it on the Xbox, that was the one system I didn't own last gen -_-

Jet Grind Radio was THE game for cel shading, it's the first one I played, actually... looking at Wiki now,

"The first 3D video game to feature true real-time cel-shading was Jet Grind Radio (2000) for the Sega Dreamcast." Awesome, I get bragging rights now

The first cel shaded game ever? You mean my favorite style of graphics originated from JSR?

Jet Set Radio *bow*

Soriku said:
c0rd said:

The first cel shaded game ever? You mean my favorite style of graphics originated from JSR?

Jet Set Radio *bow*

wait! you never heard about JGR and JSRF before? *GASP*