By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Not to mention the thing had "Final Fantasy" in the name... a series that garantees good sales.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

He expected VC to sell huge??? anyway. I have Disgaea3 and can't wait to get VC

4 ≈ One

Aiemond said:
Fire Emblem sold 560k+ (no european data either) and 141k in the first month in USA as well. This on a console that has "no hardcore gamers" ;)

I'd also like to NPD on that as well.

It seems VGC has been over on every single JRPG this generation in America.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Why has nobody mentioned LBP being overtracked?

There have been other SRPGs that sold over 1m copies worldwide since FFT. Probably one of the GBA FEs, FE: PoR, FFTA, probably its sequel, probably the FFT remake and finally FFXII:RW. There could be others as well, but no one ever reached the astounding sales numbers of FFT.

Around the Network

Probably? All you have is some titles that you think sold more than a million without any evidence for it?

memory2zack said:
There have been other SRPGs that sold over 1m copies worldwide since FFT. Probably one of the GBA FEs, FE: PoR, FFTA, probably its sequel, probably the FFT remake and finally FFXII:RW. There could be others as well, but no one ever reached the astounding sales numbers of FFT.

Yep.  FFT did an amazing job for being a dumbed down Tactics Ogre.

Torillian said:
Probably? All you have is some titles that you think sold more than a million without any evidence for it?

well FF12 Reverent Wings did for sure.  According to this site anyway.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Sony fanboys expected it to sell, lol.

No. Everyone expected it to be fantastic (it is) and no one expected it to sell.

Not from the conversations i've been involved in here.

Were you high? Even the most hardcore fan of this series didn't expect this to do well. Only a couple of less informed poeple brought this up and even they were just asking if we think if the game will reach a million LTD (which it won't) and were quickly brought to their senses by solid argument against it.

*SRPG

*Cell Shading

*Release at the prime time of the holiday and face stiff competition from a mammoth release list.

This game simply had no chance.

Wow.
I know SRPG are niche, but I expected better from Valkyria Chronicles on PS3.
My benchmark is Fire Emblem, and Radiant Dawn this generation.
I just plainly didn't expect to see such a good SRPG as VC sell less than FE. But it's a disaster there.
I nearly believed that HD consoles had more hardcore gamers and would buy more of these games.
But now it's clear to me that the Wii is the only console for JRPG to sell on.
They all flop badly on XB360, and the PS3 doesn't seem much better in the west.
I hope WKC does well, but now it's more and more likely it will be a failure.