By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

mrstickball said:
kutasek said:
mrstickball said:
Soriku said:
mrstickball said:
Torillian - Because everything else got a massive boost far exceeding LBP?

I mean, LBP could, and should get a boost come December. Problem is, that boost may get it to 250-300k for December. That'd put LBP at a very sad total for the EOY, and well under 1m sold through in the US.

That also means that VGC overtracked Valkyria by quite a large sum, and VC sold less than what ToV did in one week in August...For the US.

I guess the Playstation 3 really can't sell JRPGs. Even less so than the X360.

don't think it's fair to compare a new IP SRPG to the latest entry in the Tales series by Team Symphonia.

Disagaea didn't do any better, and it's a much more well-known SRPG series.

Abyss sold 100,000 total copies in the US on PS2, so it's not like Vesperia had a solid prescident before it thanks to Abyss.

And I have mixed feelings about it being fair: Playstation 3 fans argued the same thing(s) against Blue Dragon (which sold 50,000 in it's debut week according to NPD), Eternal Sonata (which sold about the same), and Lost Odyssey (which sold about 5 times that of VC).

SRPGs are a niche genre, but I thought the PS3 was supposed to move RPGs regardless since....You know? The Playstation 2 had so many? Wasn't that the crux of the JRPG argument? The Playstation 3 had the userbase, since PS2 fans lapped up theh JRPGs, while the Xbox had approximately 0 JRPGs (maybe you can count Sukedi).

But now, we see that VC, Disagaea and ES on PS3 have all bombed just as bad as a few X360 JRPGs...So I guess we're back at square one: Neither the X360 or PS3 can move JRPGs. However, the X360 at least had some better successes with BD, LO and ToV.

Disegea just sold 100,000 thousand in u.s. alone, i say it's pretty decent for this type of game.

Based on VGC or NPD?

What do you think, VGC.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
kutasek said:
mrstickball said:
Soriku said:
mrstickball said:

I mean, LBP could, and should get a boost come December. Problem is, that boost may get it to 250-300k for December. That'd put LBP at a very sad total for the EOY, and well under 1m sold through in the US.

That also means that VGC overtracked Valkyria by quite a large sum, and VC sold less than what ToV did in one week in August...For the US.

don't think it's fair to compare a new IP SRPG to the latest entry in the Tales series by Team Symphonia.

Abyss sold 100,000 total copies in the US on PS2, so it's not like Vesperia had a solid prescident before it thanks to Abyss.

And I have mixed feelings about it being fair: Playstation 3 fans argued the same thing(s) against Blue Dragon (which sold 50,000 in it's debut week according to NPD), Eternal Sonata (which sold about the same), and Lost Odyssey (which sold about 5 times that of VC).

SRPGs are a niche genre, but I thought the PS3 was supposed to move RPGs regardless since....You know? The Playstation 2 had so many? Wasn't that the crux of the JRPG argument? The Playstation 3 had the userbase, since PS2 fans lapped up theh JRPGs, while the Xbox had approximately 0 JRPGs (maybe you can count Sukedi).

But now, we see that VC, Disagaea and ES on PS3 have all bombed just as bad as a few X360 JRPGs...So I guess we're back at square one: Neither the X360 or PS3 can move JRPGs. However, the X360 at least had some better successes with BD, LO and ToV.

Disegea just sold 100,000 thousand in u.s. alone, i say it's pretty decent for this type of game.

Based on VGC or NPD?

http://www.thesimexchange.com/stock.php?id=472

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)

forecasts
that's worldwide
im gonna make a thread later on comparsion to the 360 RPG's to the PS3 RPG's later.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Sony fanboys expected it to sell, lol.

No. Everyone expected it to be fantastic (it is) and no one expected it to sell.

Exactly,it is Fantastic and reviewers think so as well.  It holds the highest metacritic rating for a jrpg between the 2 HD consoles. It is however a niche genre, but even so it still beats every poor ass Atlus srpg on the 360. Stage trolls the PS3 every chance he gets in every discussion, pay no attention. Even the biggest supporters of the 360 here on this site can have some unbiased discussions, just not him...

NPD top 20. The sales of 11-20 aren't available yet, but the rankings are.

1) Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) / Microsoft / 1,560,000
2) Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) / Activision Blizzard / 1,410,000
3) Wii Play w/ Remote (WII) / Nintendo / 796,000
4) Wii Fit w/ Balance Board (WII) / Nintendo / 697,000
5) Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel (WII) / Nintendo / 637,000
6) Call of Duty: World at War (PS3) / Activision Blizzard / 597,000
7) Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii) / Activision Blizzard / 475,000
8) Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) / Electronic Arts / 410,000
9) Resistance 2 (PS3) / Sony / 385,000
10) Wii Music / Nintendo / 297,000
11) Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) / Nintendo
12) Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) / Bethesda Softworks
13) Rock Band (Wii) / MTV Games
14) Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (DS) / Nintendo
15) Guitar Hero World Tour (Xbox 360) / Activision Blizzard
16) Mario Kart (DS) / Nintendo
17) Guitar Hero World Tour (PS2) / Activision Blizzard
18) WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 (PS2) / THQ
19) Fable II (Xbox 360) / Microsoft
20) Madden NFL 09 (Xbox 360) / Electronic Arts

So Animal Crossing was just outside the top 10, LBP was not in the top 20, Madden NFL on 360 still has legs and Rock Band Wii is selling better than RB2 or GHWT on any other system. Too bad they didn't get RB2 out for the Wii in time for the shopping season.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Its sad to see how many great games sell poorly and pass unnoticed  to the oblivion.

But, of course, If people don't buy them there is nothing to do. Just as you say, its niche...

My heart hurts everytime I see games like wii sports o wii play sell more than disgaea3 o Valkyria chronicles (I supose they sell more)...

Sad... so sad...

PD: Next week I'll have my copy of Valkyria chronicles.  I've already spent 70 hours on Disgaea3... and still playing and enoying it.

Around the Network
~flame said:
mrstickball said:
kutasek said:
mrstickball said:
Soriku said:
mrstickball said:

Based on VGC or NPD?

http://www.thesimexchange.com/stock.php?id=472

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)

forecasts
that's worldwide
im gonna make a thread later on comparsion to the 360 RPG's to the PS3 RPG's later.

Disgaea 3 has thus far sold over 100k in NA.  Disgaea 2 sold only 150k on the ps2 in NA.  It's an SRPG.  That's just how they sell.

kutasek said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

No. Everyone expected it to be fantastic (it is) and no one expected it to sell.

Not from the conversations i've been involved in here.

So why we had tread trying to convince people buying the game, without that tread i may not even picked the game up.

Sony fans wanting Sony games to sell better than 360 games in a desperate panic? Yes...that sounds like a start.

Odd. I thought Valkria would sell poorly... not this poorly I mean it has a lot that should attract some SRPGaphobic gamers.

I mean it practically was a Strategy Third Person Shooter.

Riachu said:

Do you mean in America?

Cause others SRPGs have sold over 1 million world wide since then.

FF12 Reverent Wings being one.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
kutasek said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Riachu said:

Not from the conversations i've been involved in here.

So why we had tread trying to convince people buying the game, without that tread i may not even picked the game up.

Sony fans wanting Sony games to sell better than 360 games in a desperate panic? Yes...that sounds like a start.

It was just like the "Buy No More Heroes!" and "Buy Zack and Wiki!" campaigns that we had here earlier in the year.  Nobody expected those games to sell, but they sure as hell wanted them to sell.

Though the Zack and WIki campaign spread far past VGChartz:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9502