By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

Fire Emblem sold 560k+ (no european data either) and 141k in the first month in USA as well. This on a console that has "no hardcore gamers" ;)

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

hey both disgaea and valkyria are brilliant games i hav them both. in fact there argubly better than 360 rpg, especialy lr and iu.............u dont play sales only play games so i dont see what everyones point is.............

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

makingmusic476 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kutasek said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Sony fanboys expected it to sell, lol.

No. Everyone expected it to be fantastic (it is) and no one expected it to sell.

Not from the conversations i've been involved in here.

So why we had tread trying to convince people buying the game, without that tread i may not even picked the game up.

Sony fans wanting Sony games to sell better than 360 games in a desperate panic? Yes...that sounds like a start.

It was just like the "Buy No More Heroes!" and "Buy Zack and Wiki!" campaigns that we had here earlier in the year.  Nobody expected those games to sell, but they sure as hell wanted them to sell.

Though the Zack and WIki campaign spread far past VGChartz:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9502

I guess the guy can't get past the fanboyism, i don't give a shit if it's ps3 game, I only care because it's a great game, that people ignore, to buy more sequals. 

mrstickball said:
Soriku said:
mrstickball said:
Torillian - Because everything else got a massive boost far exceeding LBP?

I mean, LBP could, and should get a boost come December. Problem is, that boost may get it to 250-300k for December. That'd put LBP at a very sad total for the EOY, and well under 1m sold through in the US.

That also means that VGC overtracked Valkyria by quite a large sum, and VC sold less than what ToV did in one week in August...For the US.

I guess the Playstation 3 really can't sell JRPGs. Even less so than the X360.

I don't think it's fair to compare a new IP SRPG to the latest entry in the Tales series by Team Symphonia.

Disagaea didn't do any better, and it's a much more well-known SRPG series.

Abyss sold 100,000 total copies in the US on PS2, so it's not like Vesperia had a solid prescident before it thanks to Abyss.

And I have mixed feelings about it being fair: Playstation 3 fans argued the same thing(s) against Blue Dragon (which sold 50,000 in it's debut week according to NPD), Eternal Sonata (which sold about the same), and Lost Odyssey (which sold about 5 times that of VC).

SRPGs are a niche genre, but I thought the PS3 was supposed to move RPGs regardless since....You know? The Playstation 2 had so many? Wasn't that the crux of the JRPG argument? The Playstation 3 had the userbase, since PS2 fans lapped up theh JRPGs, while the Xbox had approximately 0 JRPGs (maybe you can count Sukedi).

But now, we see that VC, Disagaea and ES on PS3 have all bombed just as bad as a few X360 JRPGs...So I guess we're back at square one: Neither the X360 or PS3 can move JRPGs. However, the X360 at least had some better successes with BD, LO and ToV.

I think you should wait until either the PS3 gets a JRPG that's not a year old port or FFXIII outsells the 360 version 3 to 1 before you make such claims :)

Valkyria sold worse than I thought it would. :( Awesome game though.

Around the Network

ohh..so this is another anti-sony thread?? Fanboys attacking the two games should note the selling pattern of R&C, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword, all of which showed slow and steady sales.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Come on Sega!! Bring VC to the 360!!

And you'll get at least my sale!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Not to mention the thing had "Final Fantasy" in the name... a series that garantees good sales.

4 ≈ One

He expected VC to sell huge??? anyway. I have Disgaea3 and can't wait to get VC

4 ≈ One

Aiemond said:
Fire Emblem sold 560k+ (no european data either) and 141k in the first month in USA as well. This on a console that has "no hardcore gamers" ;)

I'd also like to NPD on that as well.

It seems VGC has been over on every single JRPG this generation in America.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.