By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

BengaBenga said:
Zlejedi said:
Actually would it even be possible to do on wii? I mean you need precise controls to shoot that's one and second do you really think Nintendo would allow title with shooting to escaping civilians and concetration camps on their platform?

Please tell me this was a joke. Please. No-one can be that ignorant, right?

So now the pointer has imprecise shooting conrols?!? *head explodes*
And since MadWorld and Killer 7 are allowed on a Nintendo console I think a nice Japanese cell shaded game with a WWII theme is no problem at all.

It's not his fault.. he purchased a PS3... these thoughts are automatically transfered into your head when you turn on the console.. why do you think the PS3 cost so much?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Actually would it even be possible to do on wii? I mean you need precise controls to shoot that's one and second do you really think Nintendo would allow title with shooting to escaping civilians and concetration camps on their platform?

No more heroes, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Time Splitters, RE4 all on Nintendo platforms says whats up bud. Yes, the controls ARE precise, thats what makes the FPS on Wii so good when done correctly. And don't forget M+ would make this even more precise. The wii is more powerful than the ps2, and DQ looked AMAZING with cell shading. This title may not come up to the current graphics on the wii, but it would shure as hell look beautiful.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Soriku said:

@DMJ

Not really a valid point. There were plenty of RPGs on the GC over the PS2 and they might have put those JRPGs on the 360 to appeal to the West too. It hasn't worked well though, and the bulk of JRPG announcements are going to the Wii (which the Wii can sell) :P

@outlaw

I doubt it. The game only looks good because of the art style. Technically it isn't impressive. I'm positive the Wii can do VCs graphics.

Well, the (very, very) occasional framerate drops tells me other wise. It has only dropped twice in my campaign (37 hours) but for that to happen on the PS3........

@ Benga

Well, it is. Shaky hands would kill your aim in this game, being that you don't get to re-aim after you shoot.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:

@DMJ

Not really a valid point. There were plenty of RPGs on the GC over the PS2 and they might have put those JRPGs on the 360 to appeal to the West too. It hasn't worked well though, and the bulk of JRPG announcements are going to the Wii (which the Wii can sell) :P

@outlaw

I doubt it. The game only looks good because of the art style. Technically it isn't impressive. I'm positive the Wii can do VCs graphics.

I disagree, not because I think the wii can't handle on-par graphic but because the canvas engine itself is optimised for the HD console (360 AND PS3) and not the wii.

I believe to have this game ported over will require a rework of the engine, but I don't believe graphic will suffer much during the transition (so I kinda agree too but not *_*)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Sony fanboys expected it to sell, lol.

Final fantasy tactics for the GBA? that was not 10 years ago.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

@DMJ

@outlaw

Well, the (very, very) occasional framerate drops tells me other wise. It has only dropped twice in my campaign (37 hours) but for that to happen on the PS3........

@ Benga

Well, it is. Shaky hands would kill your aim in this game, being that you don't get to re-aim after you shoot.

Its very easy to be accurate on the wii with the wiimote. I think this is just looking for an excuse.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I think part of the problem with a game like VC (which I love) is the plot. JRPG's plots are often corny and cringe worthy. Sometimes I just sit there embarrassed that I'm playing a game with these strange looking characters with silly romantic subplots. I guess I have very western tastes, but if you can't win me over, then you have a problem.

I'm playing LBP now, and I think it's absolutely delightful, but on the wrong system customer base wise. Also, the level creator is awesome but too complex.

Anyway, I hope both these games find larger audiences, because they deserve them.

Ender said:

I think part of the problem with a game like VC (which I love) is the plot. JRPG's plots are often corny and cringe worthy. Sometimes I just sit there embarrassed that I'm playing a game with these strange looking characters with silly romantic subplots. I guess I have very western tastes, but if you can't win me over, then you have a problem.

I'm playing LBP now, and I think it's absolutely delightful, but on the wrong system customer base wise. Also, the level creator is awesome but too complex.

Anyway, I hope both these games find larger audiences, because they deserve them.

Except that a lot of those JRPG stories are cringe worthy because of the bad voice acting in a lot of them.  VC's story is actually suppose to be good.  If haven't played Lost Odyssey, then you probably should because the main plot of nothing special but the VA is really good and the game has some really powerful moments.

Riachu said:
Ender said:

Except that a lot of those JRPG stories are cringe worthy because of the bad voice acting in a lot of them.  VC's story is actually suppose to be good.  If haven't played Lost Odyssey, then you probably should because the main plot of nothing special but the VA is really good and the game has some really powerful moments.

I agree, the voice acting in VC is good.  It was the plot I had difficulties with.  Specifically, did anyone actually enjoy the budding romance between Welkin and Alicia?  Watching it made me feel silly.  BTW, the plot did have cool parts... I liked how the battle was for a peasdo Europe.  The gameplay was awesome, but the plot was really awkward and hokey.

Ender said:
Riachu said:
Ender said:

Except that a lot of those JRPG stories are cringe worthy because of the bad voice acting in a lot of them. VC's story is actually suppose to be good. If haven't played Lost Odyssey, then you probably should because the main plot of nothing special but the VA is really good and the game has some really powerful moments.

I agree, the voice acting in VC is good. It was the plot I had difficulties with. Specifically, did anyone actually enjoy the budding romance between Welkin and Alicia? Watching it made me feel silly. BTW, the plot did have cool parts... I liked how the battle was for a peasdo Europe. The gameplay was awesome, but the plot was really awkward and hokey.

I didn't play VC enough but what was wrong with the romance.  Is romance automatically bad in games?