By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii

@BMaker11 Its not the whole 30 million. Notice how the GC sold about 25 mln so there are COre gamers who own wiis as well. Look at sales and you will see that people still want traditional games like SMG, LoZ, and SSBB>

Around the Network

@BMaker11

1) 30 million people don't have Wii Fit. They must be playing other games.

2) What's wrong with playing with a virtual hula hoop? Why not go out and play football instead of buying Madden? Furthermore, Wii Fit has a lot more than hula hoop games. A person would have to go out and buy a whole lot of equipment in order to be able to recreate all of the exercises they can play on Wii Fit.

3) Link is sexy. I just felt like adding that.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

You stole this thread from Diomedes76 or Crazzyman?

Thanks for the shout-out Rol!

PS3 4D next gen whatever.

Back on ur game FTW!

I preferred the last one, but this is good too.

Now, do something with the 360, like 'Five reasons while the 360 can win this gen'.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

5. Start up costs - Another reason why the PS3 is better than the Wii, because it doesn't come with as many hidden costs. A $249 Wii seems cheap at first, but if you add in that you need several extra controllers to enjoy the system, it becomes clear that Nintendo is ripping off its customers. The only thing that's worse, are probably sensitive Wii fans who refuse to get educated.

Well... there goes the reason that everyone points out for being Wii's success: the price.

All the other reasons are wrong ;)

This is getting really old now, if the joke is somewhat unfunny to begin with, stretching perpetually and ever thinner will certainly not revitalize it in any kind of way.
We get it; everyone who likes the PS3 or the 360 (or PC's for that matter) are unsophisticated losers while anyone who likes the Wii are brilliant and mature.
How is this considered humor in here, are we all such massive nerds? (I know I am a massive nerd, but I can't laugh at this).

And; please, call me a fanboy or a fag or whatever you like, I just don't see what's so funny about this, feel free to explain it to me if you can (Haha, he says one thing but actually feels and means the opposite! Haha!).

Let me see...

Looking at your sig...

Wasn't this all obvious?

BoleroOfFire said:
@BMaker11

1) 30 million people don't have Wii Fit. They must be playing other games.

2) What's wrong with playing with a virtual hula hoop? Why not go out and play football instead of buying Madden? Furthermore, Wii Fit has a lot more than hula hoop games. A person would have to go out and buy a whole lot of equipment in order to be able to recreate all of the exercises they can play on Wii Fit.

3) Link is sexy. I just felt like adding that.

1.) Not saying 30 million own Wii Fit, just saying that games LIKE Wii Fit are pushing the system. Either that, or the waggle. The games that pushed the PS1/2 to over 100 million weren't like that. Now, looking at the likes of Mario, Zelda, etc. Those games have sold that high on both the GCN and 64, yet those consoles lost badly, so it becomes a moot point.That's what I was getting at. Those "other games" aren't what's making it sell.....but if I'm wrong, and the likes of High School Musical: Sing It are the new standard, then I feel REALLY bad for the next generation after this one

2.) The thing about Wii Fit is....why pretend to do all those things? I personally don't like Madden, but sitting down with a controller and playing =/= pretending to play football.

3.) No homo lol